A NA based role within the Acquisitions department of eOne for the administration of content coming into the eOne distribution catalogue. A point person within the department for queries about new and current North American content. This will be a cross-genre role (scripted and non-scripted) and will require strong organisational skills, an eye for detail and a knowledge/experience of the US / Canadian TV business.
- Maintain regular routine communication with all inhouse production hubs and JVs in order to update on development slates and new commissions (under supervision and with involvement of EVP and other Senior Management as relevant)
- Field queries from producers regarding the distribution of their programmes and prepare sales feedback as required.
- Assist in collating forecasts from the sales team. setting the deadline and ensuring numbers arrive in time and accurately.
- Act as point person for acquisitions in North American being able to liaise with legal, materials, contracting, finance and also keenly monitoring sales on a title.
- Be a key point of contact with certain North American producers, ensuring regular feedback and contact over sales performance on projects.
Preparing market reports and updates post-markets (MIP, MIPCOM) and as requested.
Preparation and maintenance of the monthly invoice/payment tracker.
Administer and maintain the departmental acquisitions tracker (aka Progress Report)
- Draft GL forms for review by finance.
Maintain and distribute weekly pipeline document
Maintain and review expiring titles tracker every 6 months to check recoupment status (with finance) discuss with team.
- Other acquisitions duties as directed.
- Bachelors Degree
Some knowledge of the North American TV production market and awareness of the business models in play.
Experience of the distribution business and knowledge of the sales process and the dimensions of the distribution business and its workings.
Some experience with and/or involvement in acquisition deals, from first look deals, one-off deals to development.
- An eye for detail
- A knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the commissioning process, license fees and licensed rights.
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills.
Confidence and likeability in presenting oneself to “clients” with the ability to follow through.
Strong organization skills.
A passion and interest for TV of all types and relationships at all levels and proactive, enthusiastic approach to finding new content.
What you’ll be a part of:
- Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
- Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
- Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
- The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
- Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
- Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.