Are you looking for work/life balance? Do you want to be part of behind-the-scenes in film and TV production? If you’d like to join an exciting team at a leading company keep reading…
Sim is a leading supplier of film/TV studio production equipment, as well as workflow/dailies and post-production services. We’re proud to have supported features such as “Deadpool,” “Handmaid’s Tale,” “Game of Thrones,” “Stranger Things,” “Power Rangers” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.”
We provide Studio, Camera, Lighting & Grip, Dailies and Post Production services and have locations throughout Canada and the United States.
For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
About the Position
Under the direction of the Manager of Inventory & Shipping, coordinates the tracking, shipping and receiving of all rental equipment including sub-rentals, transfers and purchases. Handles all shipping and assists with and queries with suppliers, freight companies and customs brokers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all incoming and outbound shipping activities:
- Obtain freight quotes as required.
- Generate customs and shipping paperwork and arrange for shipping.
- Monitor shipment status and communicate to stakeholders.
- Assist Rentals and Operations Teams to build transfers and generate pick lists as required.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving requirements with Warehouse staff.
- Obtain information from Engineering regarding repair items required, incoming sub rentals and new equipment.
- Assist with cycle counts and periodic inventory adjustments in RentalWorks.
- Assist warehouse in packing or receipt of goods as required.
- Ensure safe shipping practices.
- Assess any shipping damages and initiate carrier or vendor claims.
- Grow to manage all sub-rental activities, including electronic tracking.
- Assist with inventory & shipping projects as required.
- Handle all inventory and sub-rental receipt and return
- Receive, remove and manage consignment equipment inventory within RentalWorks.
- Ensure all consignment kits are complete and match SIM owned kits where required
- Review all L&D invoicing once PO’d by the client and make recommendations for any necessary replenishment of assets, whether SIM owned, sub-rented or consignment are replaced as required.
- Receive and bar code all new SIM inventory on the PO’s approved by the President.
- Primary frequent internal contacts are throughout the organization at all levels
- Primary frequent external contacts are with customers and suppliers
- Maintain communications during times of high work volume
- Ensure professionalism during times of high stress, staff issues and customer complaints
- Exercise sound decision-making and independent judgement on an on-going basis
What You’ll Need
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and co-workers
- Experience with shipping and receiving preferred
- Understanding of equipment; its use, its role within a production and its packaging
- Strong understanding of warehouse operations and transactional processes
- Knowledge of domestic and cross border shipping preferred
- Basic knowledge of RentalWorks inventory software preferred
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to deal with high work volumes
- Adaptability/Flexibility – adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and daily work responsibilities
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus – Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service.
Customer Service Focus – Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the company
- Development / Continual Learning – demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Teamwork – participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Our Work Environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Exposure to warehouse environment
- Long hours sitting using computers and office equipment
Perks You’ll Receive
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards
- Retirement savings program with company matching
- Comprehensive company-sponsored health benefits
- Perks including discounted health and wellness programs
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) for counseling, financial planning, work-related concerns
- Exposure to best-in-class motion picture technologies
- Free parking with electric charging station(s) at most locations
- Company events including: food truck lunches, summer BBQ’s, technology workshops, and industry events;
- The opportunity to mentor new hires and interns
- A work environment where you can really make an impact
- Growth opportunities and a career, not just a job
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Application deadline: 2020-09-09
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- shipping and receiving: 1 year (Preferred)