Senior Compositor – Technicolor – Toronto, ON
Location: Toronto, ON
About Technicolor VFX:
Technicolor’s premier, downtown-based Post Production house in Toronto offers cutting-edge audio and video post services for Feature Film and TV/Episodic productions from set to screen.
Our Toronto facility is connected to Technicolor’s worldwide network of operations and has a full range of services, including: front-end, dailies, VFX and sound and colour finishing. We collaborate closely with storytellers to ensure that their visions are brought to life.
Senior Compositors seamlessly integrate all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements. Work closely with Visual Effects Supervisor and Compositing Supervisor to further design and complete visual-effects shots. They would report into the Creative Director.
- Working in collaboration with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots.
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to high-end visual effects film standard
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines.
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors.
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot.
- Help mentor junior talent on the team.
- Working with a good knowledge of colour space principles.
- An excellent working knowledge of and production experience with Nuke.
- An excellent working knowledge of tracking software – PF Track, Mocha Pro.
- A familiarity with working with multiple render passes.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic.
- A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and problem solve.
- An understanding of colour space principles.
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography.
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline.
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients.
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.