Senior Art Director – St Joseph Communications – Toronto, ON
Company: St Joseph Communications
Location: Toronto, ON
St Joseph Communications
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC in the role of Senior Art Director!
You have an insatiable curiosity about everything – creative and otherwise. This passion infuses your work and creates compelling visual stories that engage, inspire and inform customers.
As a Senior Art Director, you love bringing concepts and designs to life. You are able to translate marketing briefs into strategic creative solutions and deliver innovative multi-channel ideas that are on-brand. Beyond your creative talents, you also mentor, supervise and guide others in their professional and creative development. You also contribute to the strength of the Creative team by nurturing client relationships alongside account directors via effective written and in-person communication, professional interaction, and outstanding work.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically on a big-picture scale and an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement
- Take ownership of assigned projects, from start to completion, with an eye to detail
- Develop omni-channel creative and campaigns for retail banners that are on strategy and brand consistent
- Interpret creative briefs and translate them into compelling creative concepts and visual/interactive designs
- Communicate creative expectations, art direction and standards to videographers, photographers, stylists, illustrators and other external partners
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers and Copywriters, as well as the client’s business teams: senior management, brand, marketing, merchandising and product managers, etc.
- Adhere to schedules and/or work-back summaries with milestones identified
- Keep up-to-date on trends in branding, marketing, advertising, and related communications industries
- Provide mentorship, guidance and support to other Art Directors and Designers within the group
- Present and clearly articulate creative solutions to all levels of audiences
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while juggling multiple deadlines, in a fast-paced creative and production environment
And a bit about yourself?
- 6 to 8+ years experience working for an advertising agency/national retailer in a Designer and/or Art Director role
- Post-secondary education in a related field, graduate of a recognized creative design program or related field, graphics design program or related field, or equivalent to visual design
- Prior experience on-set with photographers, video editors and crew members, styling and propping
- Strong knowledge of brand development, layout design, graphic fundamentals, typography, composition and/or photographic/videography direction as they relate to print and digital channels
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Thorough understanding of retail advertising, printed and e-catalogues, interactive communications, social and mass advertising, marketing and industry best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral, written, presentation) skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to problem-solve workload issues and project needs
- Intelligence in new media literacy and storytelling
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award peer-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
Values & Guiding Principles:
These key values are inherent to SJC’s success: innovation, respect, passion, customer focus, proactiveness and accountability. They also guide our everyday behaviour and motivate us to exceed client expectations in all that we do.
Please forward your resume to the email address and indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time