Segment Producer-Videographer – Channel Zero Inc. – Toronto, ON
Company: Channel Zero Inc.
Location: Toronto, ON
Channel Zero Inc.
Channel Zero Inc. is looking for an organized, charismatic, energetic, self-motivated, quick learner who is able to work with minimum supervision to join our dynamic original production team. The ideal candidate has strong, versatile writing skills, production experience, and a keen editorial eye.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the production team in delivering a daily news magazine show program for broadcast and online
- Develop original story ideas, including writing segments with compelling interviews
- Deliver finished, high quality segments for a daily program on a variety of topics including current affairs, entertainment, lifestyle, and social trends
- Research, write, coordinate schedules and assist with shooting own segments
- Plan and execute original content for online and social media platforms
- Work closely with any on-air guests or contributors in the development of on-air content
- Ensure all content both for broadcast and digital meet the highest journalistic standards, sound news judgement is essential
- Monitor and stay up-to-date on news, current events and stories that matter to Canadians
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of broadcast journalism or television producing experience
- Post-secondary education in Journalism or equivalent experience
- Willingness to be on-camera
- An ability to generate story ideas independently with experience in research, writing and producing factual on-air content
- Experience in a daily newsroom environment would be an asset
- Knowledge of the Canadian film, music and entertainment industry would be an asset
- Knowledge of techniques for shooting, editing and video production would be an asset
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with post-production software (Adobe Creative Suite) and production workflow
- Serve as a positive ambassador of the show and the company
Quoting ref# SPV-2019-12, Please submit your resume, cover letter with salary expectations and a writing sample and/or demo reel in confidence
Channel Zero Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
About Channel Zero Inc.
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH-TV and a bouquet of specialty channels including Rewind, Silver Screen Classics, and Halla Bol Kids TV, Canada’s first South Asian HD TV channel. Channel Zero’s digital sales agency Junction Digital offers advertisers marketing solutions on our owned and operated websites, as well as through our trading desk. The film division of Channel Zero features Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company. Channel Zero’s head office is located in Toronto, Ontario. For more information, please visit chz.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Journalism: 3 years (Required)