Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
As a Reporter-Editor assigned as a webmaster for Radio-Canada in Toronto, you will write headlines and short copy, adapt general programming content, and update CBC/Radio-Canada French Services websites and sections, in accordance with Corporation standards and policies.
You will follow developments in multimedia, mobile media and other related fields, and assist with short- and medium-term planning for upcoming publications.
You will perform reporting and editorial assignments related to the gathering, writing and presentation of program material for our online platform and occasionally for radio and TV.
Work is governed by CBC journalistic and programming policies and standards. Advice and guidance are regularly available but there is latitude for initiative and independent judgment. There may be opportunity to co-ordinate the work of others and close co-operation with the program unit is essential.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent.
- Job requires three years of directly related experience that includes proven ability in the field and knowledge of the broadcasting industry.
- Good general knowledge.
- Good knowledge of current events in Toronto GTA and Ontario.
- Solid command of French (working language).
- Good knowledge of English.
- Solid command of communication techniques specific to the Internet.
- Good knowledge of research and interview techniques.
- Ability to select relevant items for posting online, then adapt, summarize and add to them as required.
- Strong ability to digitize, format, and edit audio visual material.
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.
Reporter-Editor, Webmaster (French Services)
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation job in Toronto, ON
You may also be interested in...
- Producer – CityNews – Rogers Communications ⧁ At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments ...
- Radio/TV Traffic Reporter, Bell Media ⧁ Responsibilities: Generating live traffic updates every 15 minutes for Newstalk1010 radio & CP24, including writing, ...
- Festival Services Coordinator – Toronto International Film Festival – Toronto, ON ⧁ Toronto, ON Contract TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international ...
- Video Production Person for National TV Show (Toronto) ⧁ We are a community television LGBT+ show that is aired nationally in Canada. ...
- Reporter-Editor, Webmaster (French Services) ⧁ As a Reporter-Editor assigned as a webmaster for Radio-Canada in Toronto, you will write ...