Regional Director of Student Recruitment – Asia – Toronto Film School – Concord, ON
Company: Toronto Film School
Address: Concord, ON
Toronto Film School
Toronto Film School has an opening for the role of Regional Director of Student Recruitment – Asia.
This role will be located at our 2180 Steeles Avenue campus in Concord, Ontario but will include regular travel to Asia and may involve extended periods of time away from home.
The RegionalDirector of Student Recruitment – Asia is responsible for the recruitment of students for Yorkville University and the Toronto Film School in the Asia region.
The Director will establish and deliver a recruitment strategy and conduct intensive overseas student recruitment activities in Asia and within Canada.
Success will be measured by the number of students who start and study in one of Yorkville University and/or the Toronto Film School’s degree or diploma programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit students to study in Yorkville University and Toronto Film School programs in Canada through (but not limited to) the following channels:
- Transnational Partnerships
- International High Schools and Creative High Schools
- Training (preparatory programs)
- Local (Canadian) international schools
- Other channels
- Develop and maintain a wide range of high-level external international relationships with entities such as teachers, guidance counsellors, owners and directors of international and private high schools around the world including those in Canada.
- Develop and maintain relationships with and conduct on-going training for the owners, managers and counselors of educational advising partners or agents located in Asia or other parts of the world.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential partner institutions in Asia. Work with internal academic leadership to develop transnational partnerships with Asian universities and colleges. Engage in recruitment activities at these colleges and universities in order to promote Yorkville University and Toronto Film School programs abroad.
- Run recruitment events for prospective students and applicants in Asia.
- Work with marketing in the development of their advertising strategies and campaigns in Asia.
- Work with the Directors of Admissions to ensure Asian students and agents are receiving exceptional service at the inquiry and application stage.
- Manage partnerships in Asia to maximize yield in terms of student starts. Serve as a communication bridge between internal academic leaders and their counterparts in partner organizations.
- Ensures all duties and responsibilities are performed within budgeted resources. POSITION PROFILE
- A Bachelors Degree required, Masters degree preferred.
- 5 or more years experience recruiting international students in Asia.
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A knowledge of concrete recruitment tactics and experience in the successful implementation of these tactics.
- Highly ambitious and self-motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability
- A fearless relationship builder
- A willingness to work hours that correspond with Asian time zones as necessary
- A willingness to travel
- A deep knowledge of and experience in student recruitment in Asia.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to the HR department.
About Toronto Film School
Toronto Film School offers a fast and effective path to an exciting career in film, television, theatre, fashion, graphic design or video games.
What sets Toronto Film School apart is that right from the start students begin the transformative process of turning raw energy and creativity into the practical skills demanded by the competitive world of the entertainment industry.
Students will be filming, editing, performing, writing and designing in a high-energy environment, preparing for exciting careers within the entertainment industry – with the guidance of industry professionals and supportive faculty, who understand what it takes to succeed.
Toronto Film School has three campuses in the GTA: Dundas College, Davisville and Concord.
Please visit www.torontofilmschool.ca for further information.
Toronto Film School is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Recruiting: 1 year (Preferred)