Receptionist – Toronto Film School – Toronto, ON
Company: Toronto Film School
Location: Toronto, ON
Toronto Film School
Toronto Film School has an opening for the role of Receptionist/Campus Administrator, located at its Dundas College campus location.
Available shifts are 10am to 6pm and 2pm to 10pm, Monday to Friday.
The Receptionist/Campus Administrator is responsible for attending to all visitors to the Dundas College campus location and dealing with all face to face and telephone enquiries from the general public, customers and staff.
Additionally, this role provides information and support services to students and assists the Registrar & Director of Operations/Toronto Film School and the program directors in general campus and program operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Telephone and Reception
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone
- Directs visitors to appropriate location/department
- Responds to queries from the public, customers and staff
- Provides information on the telephone, screens and directs calls
- Takes and relay messages appropriately
- Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization
- Ensures a tidy and presentable reception area
Campus Administrative Support
- Receives and sorts mail and deliveries
- Schedules appointments and meetings
- Maintains room bookings, classroom schedules either manually or electronically
- Provides administrative support to the directors (ie: contact students, data entry of forms)
- Inputs student information into YSIS student database as per policies.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support, including preparing letters and documents, filing, photocopying and faxing
Service to Students
- Provides student support; listens and re-directs student enquiries about courses, instructors, schedules, etc.
- Direct students to appropriate support and service.
- Participates as directed in the preparation and delivery of New Student Registration/Orientation
- Attends and supports graduation; prepares graduation packages as directed by Registrar & Director of Operations/Toronto Film School.
- Prepares transcripts and diploma services; provides forms and information
- Administers withdrawal protocol and re-directs students where necessary
- 2-3 years experience in a receptionist/administrative role
- 2-3 years experience in a customer service role
- Diploma in a business or related field would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Superior telephone demeanour and skills
- Ability to communicate pleasantly and clearly by phone, email, and letter with students, staff, faculty and external bodies
- Strong customer service orientation
- Highly organized
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Expert knowledge of MS office
- Meticulous attention to detail, particularly in maintaining files and records
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to the HR department.
About Toronto Film School
Toronto Film School offers a fast and effective path to an exciting career in film, television, theatre, fashion, graphic design or video games.
What sets Toronto Film School apart is that right from the start students begin the transformative process of turning raw energy and creativity into the practical skills demanded by the competitive world of the entertainment industry.
Students will be filming, editing, performing, writing and designing in a high-energy environment, preparing for exciting careers within the entertainment industry – with the guidance of industry professionals and supportive faculty, who understand what it takes to succeed.
Toronto Film School has three campuses in the GTA: Dundas College, Davisville and Concord.
Please visit www.torontofilmschool.ca for further information.
Toronto Film School is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.
Job Type: Full-time