Programs Intern (Summer Position) – Canadian Film Centre
Canadian Film Centre job in Toronto
Canadian Film Centre
Type: Summer Contract (5 days per week)
Start Date: May 21, 2019
End Date: August 10, 2019
Reports to: Manager, Programs-Talent & Content
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC), celebrating 30 years, is a charitable cultural organization that supports, develops and accelerates the content, careers and companies of Canadian creative and entrepreneurial talent in the screen-based and digital industries. Its uniquely designed programs and initiatives span film, television, screen acting, screen composing and songwriting, and innovative work in the digital media and entertainment technology industries, all of which continue to push boundaries and generate world-class content, products and companies for the global marketplace. cfccreates.com.
Provides support to the CFC Programs, Production & Post teams in all areas of administration, production and post-production.
- Providing general administrative support to the Programs team in the planning and execution of program activities, including scheduling, booking meetings, filing, logging, data entry, etc.
- Gathering alumni update, such as successes, information, project status and news
- Assisting with archiving program-related materials
- Acting as a production assistant on any CFC program-related shoots as needed
- General production office support as required by the Production & Post team, including checking and entering deal memos and production paperwork; logging equipment; building contact and invite lists; assisting with crewing; organizing production files; logging of crew and cast information into the CFC’s production database; updating the online calendar, equipment lists and shooting schedules
- Assisting Post Coordinator with various A/V setups at the CFC as required
- Assisting with the CFC on site edit systems as required and where able
- Assisting with sound edit work, as possible and where required
- General assistance with Post-production administration, logging, filing, etc.
- Provide back-up assistance to reception as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Applicants should be working towards a degree or diploma in arts management or a related field
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and manage time within a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills – written and verbal
- Positive attitude
- Ability to organize, follow-up, plan, prioritize, and problem-solve
- Computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Outlook
- Experience with web content management systems is a plus
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...