$24 – $26 an hour
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative coordination to the program that offers essential skills training, mentorship, networking and job shadowing opportunities to participants,
- Liaising with stakeholders and industry supporters to create and implement MOUs for value-rich partnerships and service delivery geared to supporting black youth,
- Ensure timely submissions of all payables (i.e. invoices, cheque requisitions etc) to program bookkeeper and/or program manager,
- Coordinate the data collection and ongoing program evaluation of participants feedback,
- Support participants’ applications to join industry unions, guilds, and other high level industry organizations based on career level and goals,
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of program equipment and supplies,
- Coordinate the workflow and storage of program projects and storage of project content created by participants,
- Plan and implement social media presence on all relevant platforms.
- Any other duties as required.
- All candidates are expected to have a post secondary degree/diploma from a recognized institution in film production with a focus on producing, management or coordination,
- Professional experience/knowledge of the film/television industry or digital media arts training,
- Progressive experience as a coordinator in an arts-based setting for diverse youth,
- Knowledge of preproduction, production and post process and workflow
Capable of overseeing a production budget and coordinate participants as crew members,
- Familiarity with the intersections of black community engagement and media arts from an anti-oppression lens.
- General knowledge of film and digital media production equipment,
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines,
- Quality customer service skills and professionalism working with participants, external stakeholders, and program staff,
- Excellent and responsive problem-solving and conflict resolution skills,
- A high degree of confidence in using social media and information technologies and new software applications,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent time management and priority setting skills,
- Knowledge of sector trends and opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $26.00 /hour
- filmmaking or production: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Ontario Drivers License (Preferred)