Producer – CityNews – Rogers Communications
Rogers Communications job in Toronto, ON
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.CityNews Toronto is looking for a contract news producer (12 month contract – maternity leave) with proven leadership skills to play a critical role in the day-to-day creation of our Toronto newscasts.
You’re a reliable team player who thrives under pressure and brings creative, fresh ideas to daily editorial meetings. You are passionate about Toronto and want to work in an environment that supports innovative storytellers as we deliver first-class content to our audience on all platforms. You get Toronto – and can talk about the characters, neighbourhoods and stories that make this city great.
- Pitch original Toronto-focused stories that can be told in unique and imaginative ways consistent with the CityNews brand
- Chase, research, write copy and help craft compelling content while working closely with other journalists
- Ensure our coverage stands apart from the competition
- Determine how stories should be rolled out and on what platforms
- Vet copy and be accountable for making crucial editorial decisions
- Be a role model for the newsroom, exemplifying journalistic excellence
What you have:
- Minimum 8 years of TV news producing or reporting experience
- Experience with live control-room production
- Ability to work individually and part of a team
- Creative vision and keen editorial judgment
- Superior writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills
Schedule: Full time
Shift: VariableLength of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ONTravel Requirements: Up to 10%Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News [Read more]
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...