Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Contract
About the Role:
Corus Entertainment Inc. has an exciting contract opportunity for an On-Air Promotions Coordinator at our Toronto location. Reporting to the Senior Manager, On-Air Promotions, this position maintains quality control over the brand of assigned Networks. Working in the In-House Media Agency, you will support on-air promotion for programming, marketing and sales initiatives through audience management strategies on assigned network brands with available airtime.
· Use S4M to strategically schedule and maintain on-air promotions (Self and Cross)
· Use VOD Scheduler to strategically schedule and maintain VOD promotions
· Use the Lower Third Scheduler to strategically schedule and maintain all lower third and network bug on-air strategy
· Implement Accelerated Audience Flow Strategy on all networks
· Become familiar with marketing initiatives and understand the business objectives to the brand and how they impact on-air promotion placement
· Review audience data & promo rotations in key programs and review with On-Air Promotions Lead
· Work with Traffic to prepare daily broadcast log
· Assign promo numbers
· Maintain an accurate database of all promotional materials
· Work with On-Air Promotions Leads to liaise with Packaging Producers and Promo Producers for delivery of new assets and on-air elements ensuring all broadcast materials are available to air
· Daily air check QC (as assigned by On-Air Promotions Lead)
· Attend Marketing cross-functional meetings
· Generate comprehensive network reports (i.e. License report, Squeeze reports, Missing Promo List reports etc.)
· Provide Master Control with a weekly promo emergency list
· Create weekly network priority grid and update cross promotion grid
· Liaise with local News Manager (Global TV)
What We Need From You:
· 2 years’ knowledge of the broadcast industry and/or marketing
· Undergraduate degree in Radio/TV/Film/Marketing or equivalent work experience
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Fully computer literate (Word, Excel, Internet, E-mail, etc.)
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
· Self-motivated team player
· Passion for television, and new media & technology trends
· Previous S4M scheduling experience is an asset
All candidates interested in applying, please upload in one document your resume and cover letter.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.