Are you looking for work/life balance? Do you want to be part of behind-the-scenes in film and TV production? If you’d like to join an exciting team at a leading company keep reading…
Sim is a leading supplier of film/TV studio production equipment, as well as workflow/dailies and post-production services. We’re proud to have supported features such as “Deadpool,” “Handmaid’s Tale,” “Game of Thrones,” “Stranger Things,” “Power Rangers” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.”
We provide Studio, Camera, Lighting & Grip, Dailies and Post Production services and have locations throughout Canada and the United States.
For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
About the Position
The Office Administrator is responsible for working with the General Manager to ensure achievement of operational excellence. The Office Administrator will greet all guests to the office, answer all incoming telephone calls and route incoming communication via email, mail, etc. The Office Administrator will also provide Administrative Support to all local departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner
- Answer and/or route all incoming communications promptly, professionally, and courteously
- Provide a prompt reply to general information requests with accurate information, and direct incoming inquiries to the appropriate staff member where required
- Participate in maintaining a shared calendar of all meetings, events, vehicle bookings, travel,vacations, etc.
- Responsible for the processing of outgoing mail, packages and assist with shipments
- Oversee the stocking and ordering of office and kitchen supplies
- Take, distribute and file minutes from various meetings, as required
- Ensure communication and information is shared between locations
- Address requests for information and reports. These requests may come verbally or in writing,from clients, vendors or co-workers. The need for reports may also arise organically from activities incumbent to this job
- Liaise with Production, Transport personnel and Operations to ensure organized pick-up & delivery
- Assist with Special events, as required: Open House, demos, Christmas parties, Earth Day, St.Patrick’s Day, etc.
- Work continually on professional development to stay current on new technology, trends, procedures and practices
- All other reasonable duties as assigned by the company
- Ensure orders are accurate (based on the latest updated quotations) and processed in a timely manner. Includes:
- Create batches, post orders for invoicing
- Double check invoices generated for accuracy
- Monitor and ensure periodic billing is invoiced correctly
- Ensure all Post administrative paperwork (i.e. deal memos, insurance and credit applications) are complete and that the Master Data Forms are sent to ERP and are up to date prior to equipment leaving the building
- Ensure all staff and internal contractors are kept up to date with any fluctuations in the schedule, including ongoing/impending events
- Assist with completion and submission of staff expense reports, as required
- Assist with ensuring inventory (drives, etc.) is properly tracked and accounted for in the system
- Assist with translating the Consigned Items Revenue Report and create Purchase Orders for each Consignor, sending to the Camera Department Manager for approval
- Make necessary corrections/adjustments to consigned orders for all offices and send POs to clients
What You’ll Need
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is required
- Customer Service experience is required
- 2+ years of relatable experience in the film, television industry is an asset
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency in Purchasing and Invoicing is an asset
- Knowledge of ERPs systems like Media Pulse and/or RentalWorks is an asset
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
- Attention to Detail – Ensures that standards for self, staff, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
- Customer Service Focus – Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the Company
- Communication - Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Company
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them.
- Self-Management – Works independently with minimal supervision and exhibit discipline in setting priorities
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
- Relationship Building and Collaboration – Builds positive relationships both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
Our Work Environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and material)
- Long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
Perks You’ll Receive
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards
- Retirement savings program with company matching
- Comprehensive company-sponsored health benefits
- Perks including discounted health and wellness programs
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) for counseling, financial planning, work-related concerns
- Exposure to best-in-class motion picture technologies
- Free parking with electric charging station(s) at most locations
- Company events including: food truck lunches, summer BBQ’s, technology workshops, and industry events;
- The opportunity to mentor new hires and interns
- A work environment where you can really make an impact
- Growth opportunities and a career, not just a job
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2020-08-20
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)