VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE’s award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: New Business Director
REPORTS TO: Head of Client Service & Business Development
OVERVIEW: Virtue Worldwide is VICE’s in-house creative agency. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head of Client Service & Business Development on all inbound, outbound, and ad hoc growth initiatives for VIRTUE Worldwide Canada.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Head of Client Services & Business Development on all inbound, outbound, and ad hoc growth initiatives for VIRTUE Worldwide Canada.
- Partner with the Head of Client Services & Business Development on setting revenue targets, managing sales pipeline, and designing a plan for tracking and activity reporting.
- Develop agency relationships with Canadian search consultants and manage all inbound and outbound consultant communications.
- Manage and design search consultant strategy.
- Manage inbound leads from qualification through close.
- Develop outbound prospecting strategy and build robust new business pipeline with team by researching, identifying, and targeting cold and warm prospects.
- Partner with the Head of Client Services & Business Development to lead agency response to RFPs and day-to-day management of client-, consultant-, and procurement-led pitch process.
- Manage agency standard language to use in RFPs and consistently across the organization; strengthen our overall narrative when it comes to pitch strategy, proposals, and articulation of our services and capabilities.
- Collaborate with the Head of Client Services & Business Development to design, manage and execute growth strategy for new capabilities (e.g. Research, Insights, Date & Analytics and Technology Innovations).
- Lead the organization and preparation for prospect pitches/presentations in collaboration with department heads.
- Drive business development strategy and execution in the Canadian market in collaboration with other dept leads.
- Create and execute marketing plan, including setting goals and tactics, e.g. partnership execution conference and event planning; content thought leadership strategy and execution with Head of Strategy and VP, Insights; case study development with Client Partners; and creation of other ad hoc marketing asset needs (i.e. fact sheets, headshots).
- Leverage and recommend best in class business development tools including industry databases, CRM tool, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years experience in sales team or business development roles agency-side
- Well-versed in developing strong client relationships and working across a variety of industries in Canada
- History of scaling successful organizations
- Consistent record of selling in programs and fostering deep relationships throughout the process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Keynote. Experience working with CRM tools and Sales platforms (Salesforce) a plus
- Self-motivation, energy, strong team-player and work ethic
- Strategic planning and creative problem solving skills
- Hands-on approach to managing both processes and people
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to speak eloquently, a great public speaker, and able to command a room in pitches
- Passion and drive for providing an exceptional product and experiences
- A people person and positive attitude
- Bilingual English & French and knowledge of Quebec market an extra asset
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact [email protected]
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises and to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact [email protected]