Media Assistant – Sim – Toronto, ON
Location: Toronto, ON
The Media Technician will work directly with the media/deliveries team and editors to ensure that media ingest, and delivery workflows are implemented and adhered to. This person will perform tape dubs, compliance editing, file encoding, media management, data transfers, and coordination.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Media Assistant’s number one priority is helping to to ensure timely delivery of properly formatted tapes, discs, and files;
- Creating tapes using Sony VTR decks and basic signal routing;
- Editing source media to conform to timing and layout specifications from broadcasters and distributors;
- Using various encoding software to create files at appropriate codecs and settings;
- Managing downloading and uploading of materials when received and sent in file-based formats;
- Managing storage of both physical and electronic materials. This task involves developing and carrying out drive organization, as well as maintaining file structure and naming conventions;
- Assisting in the organization and task tracking in the media/deliveries department and coordination with other parts of the company;
- Performing broadcaster compliance checks and occasional full Quality Control checks on above deliverables before they are sent to clients and distributors;
- All other reasonable duties as assigned by the company.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience in the Post Production sector an asset but not necessary (training provided);
- Experience using Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or DaVinci Resolve an asset;
- A demonstrated history of being detail oriented, organized, and self-motivated;
- Previous experience working hands-on with computers and/or in IT, plus comfortable learning new software;
- Experience with troubleshooting and competency in diagnosing issues with software;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexible and able to work within tight deadlines.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving – Identifies an issue and processes relevant information coming up with possible solutions to bring to the team
- Teamwork – Participates actively with the team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
- Communication – Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing across the Company
- Innovation – Develops new ways and adapts existing products or processes to help Sim achieve its Mission and Vision.
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus – Ensures that standards for self, equipment, and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for oversight.
- Stress Tolerance – Functionsin highly stressful, ambiguous, or adverse situations
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort required, lifting portable hard drives, boxes with tape media.
- Some exposure to physical risk
The company reserves the right to make changes to all job descriptions with the evolving needs of the company.
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteransstatus or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Sim is a leading supplier of film/TV studio, production equipment, as well as workflow/dailies and post-production services. We’re proud to have supported features such as “Deadpool,” the Oscar-winning documentary, “OJ: Made in America,” the hit shows, “Game of Thrones,” “Mr. Robot,” “Stranger Things” and “Handmaid’s Tale”.
Our divisions are located throughout North America and provide a range of services, including Studio rentals (Vancouver), Lighting & Grip rentals (Vancouver, Toronto), Camera rentals (Vancouver, Toronto, Hollywood, Atlanta) and Post services (Vancouver, Toronto, Hollywood, New York, Atlanta). Our Hollywood office provides the industry’s only camera-through-post services venue.
For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
So why should you choose Sim?
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards;
- Retirement savings program with company matching;
- Comprehensive company-sponsored health benefits;
- Perks including discounted health and wellness programs;
- Exposure to best-in-class motion picture technologies;
- Free parking (at many locations);
- Company events including, food truck lunches, summer BBQ’s, technology workshops, and industry events;
- The opportunity to mentor new hires and interns;
- Open-door communication;
- A work environment where you can really make an impact!
Job Type: Full-time
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Apply to Media Assistant – Sim – Toronto, ON