Line Producer – Stereo D – Toronto, ON
Company: Stereo D
Location: Toronto, ON
Stereo D is the recognized leader in high-quality conversions of 2D theatrical content into stereoscopic 3D imagery, as well as VFX. Working with major motion picture studios, directors, cinematographers, and VFX supervisors to bring their vision of storytelling to the screen. Stereo D has completed work for such films as THE AVENGERS, CAPTAIN MARVEL, AVATAR, and STAR WARS. We have a team filled with extremely friendly, creative, hardworking, accepting and happy people! Our production teams and artists are among the best in the business, driven by an innate passion for all things film. Stereo D is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., (www.bydeluxe.com) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.
Oversees: VFX pipeline for multiple shows; VFX throughput of material between three facilities globally; and Client relations directed by VFX Producer
- Accountable for assembling the resources required for the production.
- Negotiate for resources and direct business activities
- Create short- and mid-term strategies for the production
- Estimate and establish resource requirements, budgets, schedules and performance standards for the production
- Ensure that the production has sufficient technical, capital and human resources to meet production requirements
- Interact with major decision makers to persuade and influence business decisions
- Negotiate internally and externally for significant resources, at top management level, that affect the performance and viability of the production
- Sets objectives for direct reports and ensure their ongoing development
- Overall ownership of accuracy of project database
- Ownership of setting and policing show schedules and priorities
- You are a proven leader in setting direction for a production and for inspiring and motivating production staff.
- You have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- You are highly detail-oriented, multi-tasking, self-directed, with ability to prioritize tasks
- You are resourceful, able to adapt to new situations, and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- You constantly and willingly seek to improve efficiency and quality of technical operations
- Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
- You have 3 years or more experience in production managing (or higher) at a VFX facility
- You are well versed in scheduling and show progress tracking and reporting
- Extensive ability to interface and communicate with clients
- A strong foundation in VFX and editorial pipelines and processes is a must.