Line Producer – Fringe Talent – Toronto, ON
Company: Fringe Talent
Location: Toronto, ON
Fringe is working with a well-known animation studio in Toronto, Canada as they expand their management crew on a new animated feature!
- During pre-production of film, working closely with VP of Production to create production schedule, production budget, and production assumptions.
- During production, working with SME’s executive (s) to ensure that production is completed on time and within budget while ensuring the pre-established creative integrity of production is maintained, protected and delivered.
- Assisting SME’s executive (s) with the set-up and implementation of financial monitoring systems, controlling production expenditures and production materials, and monitoring and controlling the progress of project’s production.
- With oversight by SME’s executive (s), overseeing all other pre-production activities including hiring the internal production team, ensuring compliance with SME’s regulations and codes of practice, sourcing equipment and suppliers, engaging third party vendors.
- Working with SME’s executive (s) to sort out any production related insurance requirements and/or claims.
- Working with SME’s executive (s) to meet project deadlines/milestones as assigned or required by SME.
- Working with SME’s executive (s) to maintain cost report tracking for project as required.
- Working with SME’s executive (s) to support the director of the project and providing support for him with time management issues, and with problem solving in respect of the creative and production pipeline for a project.
- Managing strategic professional relationships, including with production crews and third party vendors, for the maximum benefit of SME.
- Working with Business Affairs and Finance teams to negotiate and assemble agreements.
- Toronto-based with occasional travel to Montreal or other locales
- In-depth understanding of the 3D feature animation production process.
- Proven experience managing pre and post production vendors.
- Strong organizational and time management skills essential.
- Experience managing executive and creative teams under tight deadlines.
- A high level of proficiency in Word, Final Draft, Power Point and Excel, Movie Magic.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in production scheduling and budgeting including thorough knowledge of the physical and technical processes for production of children’s animated features.
- Knowledge and understanding of collective bargaining agreements and, in particular the provisions relating to animation: ACTRA AND SAG IPAs.
- A calm approach to all situations and ability to problem solve quickly, creatively and logically.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, as well as diplomacy to balance the creative expectations of the director(s), artists and other creative personnel, with the financial resources available.
- Excellent industry contacts.
- Experience working with LA talent, casting and record studios.
- Excellent ability to analyze and summarize.
If this sounds like you, send us a resume and let’s talk!