WorldGaming currently has an opening for the position of Junior Video Editor, reporting directly to the Executive Director of Marketing.
We are looking for a skilled video editor that shares our passion for esports. Working closely with the Marketing Manager and content creation team, based in WorldGaming Network’s office in Toronto. This role will be instrumental in driving the strategy for our video content, from concept development to execution, post-production and distribution across our social platforms with special focus on YouTube. This candidate will be tasked on rapidly creating original content within tight deadlines to deliver multiple pieces of content a week. This is a visible role requiring executive presence and presentation skills both in and out of WGN.
If you are you are an esports fan and a passionate storyteller who can own a project from concept to completion, producing consistently superior results, then this opportunity is for you.
- Collaborating with the Marketing department, to ensure our and our sponsor’s video content needs are being met.
- Effectively manage production timelines to ensure projects are executed on time. Managing branded deliverables and ensuring all assets are completed on schedule, adjusting to rapidly changing schedules and shifting priorities.
- Writing scripts, researching games, managing influencers, crafting storylines, planning video shoots and sourcing content are key skills required for this role.
- Ensuring video standards and consistency is met for all videos that are developed internally and externally.
- Organizing footage using established archival processes and gathering footage across multiple sources for your projects
- Familiarity with best-practices in terms of capturing, editing and working with highlight reels, interviews, educational content, VODs, thumbnails, etc…
- Superior knowledge of the current esports landscape, including teams, leagues players, tournaments etc, and the style of content that surrounds them
- Be able to accommodate custom needs such as color correction, audio mixing and graphics work
- Work closely with the content team to develop a content calendar around program launches and brand campaigns keeping our sponsor commitments top of mind
- Stay current on emerging media trends and strategies, ensuring you maintain a progressive approach to producing video content
- Most of our tournaments happen over weekends and can go until late at night. We’ll provide the Red Bulls but you should be available to work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film Studies, Cinematography, or a related field
- 2+ years of professional videography and editing experience working with esports-related content.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut, or similar programs
- Experience creating motion graphics and implementing them into content
- Proficient with Sony camera workflows as well as other video, audio, and lighting equipment to get the highest quality results no matter the context or environment
- A social media junkie. If it’s popular, viral, or trending, you know about it. Be knowledgeable and passionate about all things esports
- Experience managing a YouTube channel
You don’t need to be a gamer, but this role will require you to watch, clip, curate, edit and work with all the following titles: Apex Legends, Fortnite, Hearthstone, Overwatch, Rocket League, Call of Duty, Fifa, NHL, NBA 2K, Smash…
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please