Junior Motion Graphic Designer – The Other End – Toronto, ON
Company: The Other End
Location: Toronto, ON
The Other End
As a Junior Motion Graphic Designer at The Other End, you are responsible for creating high-quality, original motion graphics for broadcast as well as digital media use. Designing primarily for international TV channels and networks, you will utilize your knowledge and experience in television branding to produce visual content for existing and new customer brands as well as any internal design and advertising projects.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret creative briefs and translate them into compelling content and brand packaging.
- Engage in conceptual brainstorming and ideation sessions, developing original creative content; develop story/mood boards.
- Work with Art Director(s) and Senior Producers to design and animate promotional spots, brand identities and on-air graphics.
- Take ownership of and multi-task projects with tight timelines; collaborate with the creative team on concepts to help deliver a well-produced, high-quality product efficiently.
- Creatively and accurately edit and package content; exercise sound editorial and technical judgment in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Perform post-production activities such as designing titles and graphic elements, sound mixing, colour correction, transitions, graphic overlays and special effects.
- Discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Produce show openers, titles, graphics, backgrounds and animations for video.
- Estimate project time and resource requirements for quoting purposes.
- Perform other duties within the design/creative environment as/if assigned.
- 2+ years of motion design, animation or 3D work experience.
- Graduate of an accredited graphic design program.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator) Cinema 4D.
- Familiarity with visual effects, and compositing.
- Independent thinking, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, discretion, and integrity a must.
- Self-starter and team-player with strong communication skills and ability to convey creative concepts to clients.
- Knowledge of Farsi preferable due to bilingual English-Farsi content.
- Creative direction and management experience.
- Broadcast design and on-air/live TV experience.
- TV/film/content promotion experience.
- News and sports broadcast background.
- Thorough knowledge of continuity editing, pacing, and storytelling skills.
- Shooting, lighting and sound recording considered an asset but not essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Adobe After Effects: 2 years (Required)
- Farsi (Required)