Junior Film Production Assistant And Video Editor – Browze – Toronto, ON
Location: Toronto, ON
Browze is hiring! But wait, who even are we?
We’re a cross-border marketplace that curates unique products directly from factories overseas. In other words, we bring you the products you want at fair prices, with minimal shipping costs, because we’re buying direct from the factory. No markups, no middlemen. Just us.
We’re hiring because we’ve been expanding like crazy — consistently 2x year over year, to be exact. And because of that, we’re building a rockstar marketing team to launch Browze into the next level of growth, so we can keep reshaping and improving the cross-border shopping experience.
So what are you waiting for? Send in an application and tell us about yourself. We’d love to meet you!
Our Junior Video Producer will help coordinate and manage all aspects of the video production process from start to finish. This role will include helping with creative direction, budgeting, writing scripts, organizing logistics, and managing deadlines. There will be close collaboration and communication with the rest of the team each step of the way, while working autonomously whenever necessary.
On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Assisting the Creative Director in all phases of production, including planning, shooting, editing, motion-graphics and sound design for both scripted and unscripted projects. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Supporting production for lifestyle, marketing and product photography projects, including conception, shooting, casting and sourcing props for locations and on-camera talent
- Translating objectives into compelling visual narratives via creative treatments, storyboards, and other visualization methods
- Ensuring high-quality production values and brand identity are consistently maintained across all work
- Managing multiple projects across varying phases of production and overlapping deadlines
On a strategic level, you will be responsible for:
- Learning internal and external social analytics and other internal data to enhance the performance of the work and detect new opportunities
- Collaborating with social media strategists to bring a creative perspective and make strategic recommendations to small and large-scale integrated campaigns
- Contributing to our team’s growth and culture
- Experience in motion graphics, chroma keying, rotoscoping, motion tracking, and compositing
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud suite, with an emphasis in Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Well-versed in the core principles of visual narrative, composition, color, and typography across a variety of production styles/genres
- Familiar with content optimization and technical specs for various social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Availability for occasional travel for location shoots and night/weekend hours if necessary to meet project requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree in film production/related field or relevant experience
- 1-3 years professional experience in film, video, photography and audio production
1. Competitive compensation – you work hard and we make it worth your while
2. Equity in the company
3. Unlimited supply of snacks to keep you going
4. Great downtown location at York/Adelaide, PATH connected
5. An inclusive work environment where you can thrive and get sh*t done
Please include the following to apply:
- A link to your website, video channel or demo reel showcasing your portfolio
- Your resume
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Adobe Creative Cloud: 1 year (Required)
- Camera Operating: 1 year (Required)
- Video Editing: 1 year (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
- English (Required)