Human Resources Manager – Rocket Science VFX – Toronto, ON
Company: Rocket Science VFX
Address: Toronto, ON
Rocket Science VFX
Rocket Science VFX is an internationally recognized studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Our credits include Hannibal, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, Into the Badlands and The Expanse.
- Manage production assistants and visual effects artists in completing human resources and office management tasks
- Compile payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Create and manage contracts, government forms, employee records, etc.
- Employee relations-link management and employee issues by addressing demands, grievances or other concerns
- Provide assistance with immigration processes such as processing LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment), NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) and Work Permits/ VISA’s
- Update and manage Employee Database on consistent basis
- Manage vacation requests and follow-up with Production team and/ or management for approvals
- Demonstrate ability and expertise to interpret and apply employment legislation, HR policies, and company policies
- Oversee and manage Benefits Administration
- Health & Safety: foster a workplace culture that is cognizant to Healthy Safety
- Research, draft and post the studio’s career postings. Manage a 360° recruiting process. Schedule interviews, perform background and reference checks, prepare offer letters, etc.
- Perform studio introductions, orientations and lead on-boarding of new staff.
- Plan and supervise engagement activities for employees and promote a satisfying work-place culture for our artists.
- Represent the company to potential hires and at recruiting events
- General office management duties as required.
Skills & Requirements
- University/College degree with completion or enrollment in a recognized Human Resources Program.
- Minimum of 3 years of HR Management experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word etc), email client & web-based applications and, a willingness to learn the company’s proprietary systems.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System; JazzHR (ATS) preferred
- Analyzing Information, Reporting Skills and Above-Average Math Skills required
- Superior Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Communication and Organization
- Recent human resources management experience in a professional environment. Preferable to have visual effects, animation, games or technology experience.
- Expertise in recruitment with emphasis on sourcing and engaging talent is desirable.
- A solid understanding of the project-based nature of the film and television production industry is highly desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VFX disciplines and roles is considered an asset.
Thank you for your interest in Rocket Science VFX. Please note that only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. No Phone Call Please. We are always interested in meeting motivated and talented individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
- VFX Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources Management: 3 years (Required)