Houdini Quality Assurance Specialist – SideFX – Toronto, ON
Address: Toronto, ON
SideFX is seeking an exceptional Houdini artist with a keen attention to detail to join our Quality Assurance team on-site in our Toronto office. This is a permanent full-time position starting immediately.
As a member of the Research and Development group you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry and interact with an outstanding artist community. We see this full time position as a career-defining opportunity in which to grow professionally and contribute to Houdini and its user community. As a Houdini Quality Assurance Specialist, you will be right at the heart of a constantly evolving synergy between technology and art and we need you to be the best.
As a Houdini Quality Assurance Specialist you will be responsible for the following:
- Testing Houdini to help ensure that it is of the highest quality possible
- Testing new and existing features in Houdini trying to break them in order to discover areas of the software that can be improved
- Build test cases, simulate customer workflows and demonstrate how to reproduce bugs so that they can be fixed by our talented team of programmers
- Validate, update and create new node examples
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with Houdini
- A post secondary degree in Computer Animation and/or FX is preferred
- Demo reel with a detailed breakdown of what you did in each shot
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail is a must have
- Experience with modelling, animating, rendering and visual effects is necessary
- Ability to locate and investigate issues and track them in a database
- Experience on Windows, OSX, and Linux (we test on all three)
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a positive demeanor
- An independent learner with an eagerness to learn unfamiliar areas of Houdini
- Ideal candidates will have production experience in film, TV, or games.
- 3D software testing/development experience.
- Python scripting.
- Experience with other 3D packages like Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Softimage, etc.
We appreciate all candidate interest, but only those with previous Houdini experience will be considered.
Our transit-friendly head office location, directly adjacent to Union Station in the heart of downtown Toronto, is open-concept with a relaxed style that includes, casual dress, and wraparound views from the 14th floor.
Side Effects Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodation will be provided, upon request.