Founded over 40 years ago, Solotech is a world leader in audiovisual and entertainment technology with 13 strategic locations in Canada, the United States and Europe. Thanks to an inventory from over 300 renowned manufacturers, Solotech is the one-stop-shop for audio, video, lighting, rigging, soft goods, control and collaboration solutions & services. The company is internationally recognized for its expertise in Live Productions and Systems Integration in various markets, namely music, sports, business, culture and education. Solotech employs 1,200 professionals in its offices located in Montreal, Quebec City, Saguenay, Ottawa, Toronto, Las Vegas, Nashville, DeKalb, Los Angeles, Heywood, London and Redditch.
_Find out more at: www.solotech.com
This position’s incumbent is responsible for the achievement of a technical project in the following area: rigging. The Head may be asked to work and supervise a team on different types of events (show, tour, festival, corporate), at different production phases (planning, pre-production, production, post-production) both locally or internationally.
Set Up/Tear Down:
- Participate in the set up and tear down of technical equipment;
- Ensure the equipment’s proper installation and the respect of the plan;
- Ensure at all times the safety of the technical installations;
- Respect and promote procedures and regulations fixed by Solotech regarding the equipment’s handling and management;
- Collaborate with the other departments involved.
- May be asked to operate technical equipment;
- May be asked to ensure the smooth technical operations during the event;
- May be asked to manage a team throughout different phases of a project.
Team Management and Supervision:
- Supervise a team of technicians or supernumeraries;
- Ensure the application of safe working methods by Solotech’s personnel and the supernumeraries during their working period;
- Coordinate the operations and the execution of a department’s work during the duration of an event;
- Receive the requests related to a specific project, plan and develop an equipment list according to the said project;
- Propose solutions for different issues and suggest improvements for the project’s technical realization;
- Advise and guide technicians according to his own expertise in the elaboration of solutions.
- Act as a reference to the client for a specific event;
- Work closely with internal and external partners in order to ensure a high quality customer service;
- Execute any other related tasks appointed by the team’s responsible person.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant audiovisual field: Audio Production; Technical Theatre; Audio Engineering; Audio Recording Technology; Television and Film; Broadcasting Television; Media Production;
- Alternatively, any other training or relevant working experience.
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of different technical equipment;
- Knowledge in electricity and networking;
- Possess a permit for operating a forklift and/or an aerial lift, and a training on working at heights (an asset);
- Mastery of both official languages (an asset);
- Able to travel to different sites;
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of R2 software;
- Able to modify and design CAD plans with Autocad software (an asset);
- Knowledge of specialized technical softwares (an asset);
- Flexibility regarding the work schedule;
- Team-work oriented and good cooperation spirit;
- Autonomy and sense of responsibilities;
- Ability to work under pressure and capacity to adapt to change;
- Good priority management and respect of schedules and tight deadlines;
- Communicate information clearly and logically;
- Capacity to anticipate difficult situations and find efficient solutions while respecting the company’s operational policies and processes.
_We thank all applicants for their interest in Solotech, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Solotech is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, the Human Resources Department will work with applicants requesting accommodation._
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent