Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Internship, Volunteer, Casual, Freelance, Apprenticeship
(This is an unpaid VOLUNTEER Position)
Original. Indie. Contra-Niche.
ReelHeART International Film and Screenplay Festival is a fully Registered Not-For-Profit Arts Organization.
Each season we hold a worldwide, fiercely independent festival during the 1st week of July in Toronto, Canada. We Celebrate the Culture of Film from Around the Block and Around the World, and all Aspects of Indie Filmmaking from Acting, To Script, To Screen.
ReelHeART is an open genre film competition Film, Documentary and Screenplay competition that premieres Films, Documentaries, Screenplays and TV Pilots from the best of emerging and master indie Filmmakers and Screenwriters. We also hold topical and commemorative year-round Community Events.
ReelHeART seeks Front of House (FOH) Staff for the following to support us during our event week i.e. July 1, 2019 to July 7, 2019:
- FOH (Front of House) Advance Ticket Sales
- FOH (Front of House) Bag Stuffers
- FOH (Front of House) Captains
- FOH (Front of House) Event Set-up, Clean-up and Strike Crews
- FOH (Front of House) Gophers (TTC) or With Car
- FOH (Front of House) Guest Services, Activities Coordinators
- FOH (Front of House) Security
- FOH (Front of House) Ticket Sellers, Ticker Proofers
- FOH (Front of House) Ushers, Ballot Takers
- Previous FOH (Front of House) Experience is a Definite PLUS!
- Excellent Oral Communication Skills
- Superb Customer Service Skills
- Work Effectively On Your Own And/Or In A Team Setting
- Responds Quickly To Email And Text
- Superb Organizational Skills
- Superb Attention To Detail
- Work Effectively Even In Demanding and Time Sensitive Situations
- Cell Phone with A Reliable Connection with Unlimited TEXTING
- Willing to Work Between the Hours Of 10AM-2:00AM On Events Days July 01-07
- Most importantly we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about community outreach, art, the culture of filmmaking and screenwriting, creating organization awareness.
What We Offer
- Co-op Hours and Experience for High School, College/ University Students, Job Seekers
- References, Letters of Recommendation (if position was completed to our Standards)
- Valuable Work Experience
- Build your Own Portfolio or Career Path Resume
- Collaborate with Like-Minded People
- Opportunity to Watch Awesome, Indie Films and Documentaries and Network
- Enjoy a Respectful, Creative Environment
- Once you provide your available hours and days, Your Schedule will be provided
- All Volunteers must provide Government Issued I.D. for liability that includes your home address
- For a list of acceptable government ID – Please visit:
- If interested, we invite you to submit your resume directly to: reelheartvolunteers AT gmail DOT com
- **In your Response please let us know *which Position* you’re interested in. Please supply 1 Paragraph on your Related Experience.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Volunteer, Casual, …
- Guest Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Box Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Front of House: 1 year (Preferred)
- Front of House Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Usher: 1 year (Preferred)
- Events Coordination: 1 year (Preferred)
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
Location: [Read more]