Toronto International Film Festival
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
FESTIVAL SERVICES COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Manager, Festival Services, the Festival Services Coordinator will provide administrative and production support to the Festival Services team. Responsibilities will include supporting Festival Services with training materials, payroll, production schedules, administration of all items used by the onsite teams, and overseeing volunteers as needed.
- Responsible for hiring, contract administration, scheduling, and payroll for the Festival Services team
- Management of staff, administrative tracking including payroll, budget, and work back documentation, and day-to-day operations of the festival venues front of house, and ticketing teams.
- Scheduling and distribution of information to approximately 600 seasonal staff members.
- Assisting with training manuals, training presentations and execution of all training sessions.
- Creating forms, memos and informational paperwork as required including using databases, online forms, web pages and spreadsheets.
- Oversee the Festival Services Help Desk Assistants for TIFF 2019
- Maintaining payroll information; inputting staff shifts into the payroll system accurately.
- Creating and distributing administrative paperwork and supplies associated with the festival’s venue operations.
- Liaise with various TIFF departments to assist in coordinating setup, execution, and strike of satellite locations
- Overseeing volunteers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
- May 13 – October 4, 2019 (Part-time May 13-July 12, Full-time July 15-October 4)
- Highly organized; excellent time management.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Film festival, front of house, or special event experience & education an asset.
- Experience in event production, logistics coordination, and site operations also an asset.
- Experience in scheduling, payroll, or human resources an asset
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities.
- Experience supervising or managing a team.
- Very familiar with Google, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and databases.
- Strong organizational capabilities; detail-oriented; able to multi-task effectively.
- Experience supervising volunteers an asset.
- Proficient using spreadsheets and database systems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web-based file sharing.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding and commitment to creating a superior product.
- Ability to maintain efficiency while working under multiple, strict and tight deadlines.
- Flexible work schedule, evening and weekend work is required.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Please submit a cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5pm on FRIDAY, APRIL 26, 2019.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.
Festival Services Coordinator – Toronto International Film Festival – Toronto, ON
Toronto International Film Festival job in Toronto, ON
You may also be interested in...
- Producer – CityNews – Rogers Communications ⧁ At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments ...
- Radio/TV Traffic Reporter, Bell Media ⧁ Responsibilities: Generating live traffic updates every 15 minutes for Newstalk1010 radio & CP24, including writing, ...
- Festival Services Coordinator – Toronto International Film Festival – Toronto, ON ⧁ Toronto, ON Contract TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international ...
- Video Production Person for National TV Show (Toronto) ⧁ We are a community television LGBT+ show that is aired nationally in Canada. ...
- Reporter-Editor, Webmaster (French Services) ⧁ As a Reporter-Editor assigned as a webmaster for Radio-Canada in Toronto, you will write ...