The Editor’s role is to provide day-to-day editorial support to Spin Master Entertainment’s Development, Current Series and Brand and Franchise teams.The ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker with a deep understanding of leica and picture editing in the kids animated workspace. The Editor reports to the Studio Manager/Producer and does not have any direct or indirect reports.
- Work closely with SME’s Development team to assemble and deliver leicas of various lengths.
- Work with showrunners and directors to revise and maintain style and timing of leica.
- Organize storyboard panels and audio for leica assembly.
- Manage and track pickups.
- Update sequences for edit.
- Work with SME teams to create studio reels and other promotional material.
- Provide reels, screeners, final outputs, DVDs and OMFs to SME teams.
- Assemble and deliver Quicktime, MOV and other files for presentation purposes.
- Work with Distribution team to provide copies, reels and other supporting materials in a timely fashion.
- Work with SME’s Current Series and Brand and Franchise teams to create and deliver short form episodic material.
- Oversee dailies sessions and other screenings; provide edit changes as required.
- Liaise with SME’s Post Production Supervisor and production staff to determine priority editiorial needs.
- Liaise with outsource Post houses to provide audio and video materials.
- Work with Digital Asset Managers from SME and Spin Master’s Creative Content department to archive new and existing digital material.
- Responsible for managing and troubleshooting editorial hardware and software.
- Advise on editorial production flow and other relevant practices.
- Assist with colour correction, as required.
- Additional editorial tasks, as required.
- Serve as record engineer at Spin Master Entertainment’s internal facility.
- Set up equipment and run internal record sessions (casting, scratch, pickups).
- Organize and deliver Pro Tools files to internal and external teams.
What we can expect from you:
- Knowledge of Pro Tools; able to provide basic record engineering services.
- Basic knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of local and international video formats, frame rates and resolutions.
Who’s a good fit for this team:
- Someone with strong communication skills.
- An individual with strong technical skills; ability to advise and learn new software.
- Ability to quickly move between tasks with changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Keen eye for storytelling
You should apply if you have the following:
- 5+ years editorial experience working on 2D and 3D animated productions.
- Strong understanding of leica process and animation workflow.
- Proficient in Storyboard Pro, Final Cut Pro, Premiere and related software.
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
- Open Mindset
- Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.