Are you a strategic and innovative mind? Able to oversee the editorial vision and content of autoTRADER.ca? Are you looking for a new challenge? If so, this is the right opportunity for you.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about the possibilities that come with building and evolving an established media outlet that’s ready to make a bigger impact on the cultural landscape
What our Editor in Chief will do:
- Ensure the autoTRADER content strategy is aligned with the overall TRADER strategy
- Apply best practice to ensure that all content has a clear audience development output and is built for search, social, in-site recirculation success
- Create editorial boards and outlines.
- Use data to analyze the performance of all autoTRADER content and that of competitors
- Work closely with the editorial content team to ensure content is of the highest quality
- Oversee the planning and conception of both written and visual contents
- Use new technology and developing innovative ways to engage various audiences
- Ensure good editorial practice is embedded within the team
- Collaborating with the National Trader Media/Advertising team in branded content.
Are you a dynamic, out of the box thinker? Are you excited to work for a leading technology company to develop your skills and career? Do you like feeling empowered to make decisions that directly impact business results? If your answer is a loud yes, then autoTRADER is the right place for you.
We are a company where technology meets creativity to foster innovation and the right company culture.
We have a start-up environment with the stability of an established Canadian company. Strong team spirit is part of our everyday culture; and our work and personal wellness are well balanced. For those times you need a break, you can always play pool, ping pong, hang out in the lounge or go to the gym!
What autoTRADER has to offer you:
- Competitive salary and awesome company benefits
- Opportunity to grow your career in an innovative established Canadian company
- Financial Investment in your education & training
- Employee appreciation events – all year round
- Summer hours – spend more time with your family in the summer!
- A Focus on your Wellness
- Stress-free zones – a place where you can take a breather and relax!
- Enjoy free underground parking and never scrape ice from your windshield again!
- No car, no worries! We are TTC accessible and have free shuttle buses to Kipling subway station or Sherway Gardens to
- Great people to work with every day!
- Lots of Fun!
Are you ready to get on board? Do you have…
- Excellent knowledge of the online market and trends, especially automotive or marketplace-led businesses
- Commercial awareness and ability to conceive & deliver content-driven concepts for clients
- A proven track record in strategic content development
- Strong editorial judgment and instincts
- Outstanding creativity, insight, and a positive, go-to attitude
- Experience in Written, visual, and video editorial content
- In-depth knowledge of the Canadian automotive market and/or marketplace-led online businesses
- Proven track record at a senior level of developing and delivering a coherent content strategy
- 7-10 years of experience of running significant, content-led, online properties