Director of Finance – Scott Brothers Entertainment Inc. – Toronto, ON
Company: Scott Brothers Entertainment Inc.
Location: Toronto, ON
Scott Brothers Entertainment Inc.
Scott Brothers Entertainment, a multifaceted company that strives to develop cutting-edge entertainment by combining years of experience in film, television and digital media is looking to fill a Director of Finance position to lead their rapidly growing Accounting department in their Toronto location.
This newly created position will be an integral part of the Company’s Management Team and will provide financial stewardship to the organization and oversee processes for effective management reporting, financial forecasting, cash flows and the preparation of all financial and regulatory filings.
- Oversee and manage all day-to-day full cycle accounting functions and operational processes including financial reporting, month-end and year-end close, reconciliations, general ledger, A/R, A/P, payroll and related foreign exchange transactions for both corporate and productions.
- Develop and implement accounting processes and procedures to strengthen internal controls, gain efficiencies and standardize business practices.
- Cash flow management, banking, maintenance of banking relationships and funding of productions
- Manage, coach, and lead a team (currently of three but growing) that works cohesively and supports the various departments.
- Collaborate with all leadership and department heads as a business partner by providing guidance on all financial and accounting issues.
- Present monthly financial reporting and cash flow package to members of the Leadership team.
- Responsible for all company tax filings – HST, EHT, WSIB and prepare the working papers for the Corporate tax filings.
- Oversee financial and tax credit audits, and deal with accounting firm and tax professionals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 5-10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience – preferably in TV production or similar industry
- Knowledge of Production federal and provincial tax credits
- Experience managing a team of seasoned professionals
- Highly proficient in excel and QuickBooks
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to cope in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines
- Deep knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, and reporting requirements
- Ability to create and build strong working relationships across divisions and functions
- Excellent knowledge of accounting/finance processes including month-end close, budgeting/forecasting, financial statement preparations and cash flow
- Experience with multiple entities/intercompany transactions, tax, and payroll
- Detailed oriented, organized, and hands on – willing to roll up your sleeves
- Positive, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude and has a team player approach
Job Type: Full-time