Crowd Animator – Tangent Animation – Toronto, ON
Company: Tangent Animation
Location: Toronto, ON
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. This approach has helped us in curbing the cost of licensed software and build an opportunity to invest in additional artistic and programming talent.
Tangent Animation strives to find solid team players that thrive on collaboration and community commitment to build open source capabilities. Tangent Animation is currently recruiting for Crowd Animator to work collaboratively with our studio team.
Job duties :
- Responsible for generating animation cycles for use in crowd simulations, as well as animating background characters in standalone shots
- Work closely with the Crowds technical team to ensure proper incorporation of animation, as well as provide support and feedback
- Clean up and refine crowd simulations, and integrate additional animation
- Finish high quality work for Director or Lead approval in a timely manner
- Finish work for Animation Director or Supervisor in a timely manner
- Communicate with Supervising/Lead Animators regarding performance based fixes trends and consistent problems
- Attend project dailies in order to be familiar with the history of a shot. Review animation renders and attend render check and film dailies to identify problem shots
- Previous experience as a Character Animator
- Good technical understanding of models and rigs
- In your demoreel, we would like to see, if possible, walking or running cycles of bipedes or quadupedes.
- Acting scenes with lipsync and action scenes is an asset
- Blender experince will be an asset
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Interested candidates to share the link to their demo reels, along with their resume.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted