Copywriter – St Joseph Communications – Toronto, ON
Company: St Joseph Communications
Location: Toronto, ON
St Joseph Communications
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
You are passionate about words. You love its persuasive powers and understand how they can motivate others to believe and take action.
As a Copywriter, you are a master of words in any format – social, print, digital, you name it. You understand the ways copy can help clients engage their target audience and attract new ones, while achieving business results. Always ready to rise to any challenging brief, you have a keen eye for detail, as well as the drive to deliver original ideas and sharp copy. You thrive in a team environment, collaborating with senior management, account directors, creative directors, art directors, designers, animators, writers, production teams, photographers, videographers, and of course, our clients.
- Take ownership of creative and/or marketing briefs and answer them to a high standard
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of project objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current and future trends
- Brainstorm and share ideas with other team members in respectful and supportive way
- Write fresh and engaging copy for various media channels such as print, online, video and/or broadcast, social media
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meet deadlines, stay within budget constraints, work overtime as necessary, and complete timesheets
- Organize work priorities and follow workflow processes
- Maintain the highest quality with a keen eye for detail
- Present creative concepts to internal teams and external clients in a confident, persuasive and professional manner
- Mentor less senior team members to help grow their skills in creative ideation, copywriting and business communication.
And a bit about yourself?
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Food/grocery experience is a ‘must’
- Minimum 7 years advertising industry experience, creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- Post-secondary degree or diploma majoring in English, advertising, communications or related field
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign), Google-based applications, within a Mac-based environment.
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
Please forward your resume to the email address and indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Permanent
- Advertising Industry: 7 years (Preferred)