Associate Producer – IoM Media Ventures – Toronto, ON
Company: IoM Media Ventures
Location: Toronto, ON
IoM Media Ventures
IoM Media Ventures is a 3D animation studio located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our studio’s talent-friendly, encouraging atmosphere is where highly-skilled individuals come together to create ground breaking animated content.
We’re currently looking for an Associate Producer to work closely with our Head of Content. This role can be based out of our corporate office in Toronto or animation studio in Halifax. The successful candidate will focus on creating bids for new projects, information management, and business affairs.
Reporting to the Head of Content, you would be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collaborate with creative and technical teams to create bids for potential series projects, tests, and pitches (including budget, schedule, creative and technical assumptions, department quotas, crew head count, and tax credit estimates).
- Work closely with HR to maintain the studio capacity tracker.
- Assist with evaluation of protocols and day-to-day production and business affairs processes, implementing improvements as needed and working with other team members to improve communication, production procedures, and studio workflows.
- Support production with adherence to provincial and federal tax credit and Canadian-content regulations.
- Generate union/guild signatory and compliance documentation, managing the process for projects in pre-production through to series completion.
- Draft and track execution of various production agreements (e.g. writers, directors, actors), utilizing legal templates.
- Liaise with other departments (development, production, finance, post-production) on business affairs issues and provide general production support.
- 2-3 years experience creating budgets and schedules for animated TV series, with knowledge of Movie Magic Budgeting software preferred.
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines for TV production.
- Experience with creation of cashflows and cost reporting is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Canadian film and television regulatory system and tax credit administration (e.g. NS DATC, OMDC, Creative BC, CAVCO).
- Experience working with industry unions, guilds, and a variety of contract templates.
- Excellent organizational skills and enthusiasm for collaborating with the development, production, HR, pipeline, and finance teams.
- Driven, innovative and solution focused.
Thank you for your interest in joining our island.
All submissions will be considered, and successful applicants contacted.