Assistant Producer/Editor – YES TV – Burlington, ON
Company: YES TV
Location: Burlington, ON
is looking for an outstanding and passionate Assistant Producer/Editor whose overall efforts will support the creative content growth on behalf of the expanding multi faith voice of YES TV for a 6-month contract position of:
Assistant Producer/Editor for “Hey Meisha”
Hey Meisha! is a new biblical teaching variety show for kids, featuring Meisha and the Good News Kids. Makesh the Rapper, Joy the dancer, Addison the Baker and Keaton the Singer bring their unique, hilarious and curious perspective to learning about faith and values.
The Assistant Producer/Editor supports content creation, marketing and production activities for the “Hey Meisha” brand, assisting the showrunner with administrative, filming and editing capacities. The chosen candidate will effectively strategize all PR to grow audiences and will be fully aligned and passionate about YES TV’s organizational mission: We exist to be leading storytellers of faith, love, hope, joy and peace.
This position reports to “Hey Meisha” Showrunner.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Writing, editing content for studio production
2. Writing, editing copy for marketing executions
3. Filming, editing seasonal and promotional video content for “Hey Meisha”
4. Creation of social media content using filmed and produced content
5. Provide administrative support for production, promotional and event activities.
Specific Job Duties:
1. Work with the “Hey Meisha” showrunner to assist in pre-production planning and administrative tasks
2. Co-ordinate filming and editing crews seasonal and promotional video content
3. Film and edit promotional content for “Hey Meisha”
a. In studio production
b. Candid social content
c. Behind the scenes production video
4. Co-ordinate with event partners and event staff for “Hey Meisha” live shows
5. Write and edit copy for “Hey Meisha” PR, Marketing and Magazine content
6. Co-ordinate the creation of social media content
a. Includes writing, filming and editing
7. Other duties as required
2. Highly creative and imaginative
3. Able to thrive in a fast paced and high-pressure environment with an ability to handle change
4. Eye for detail
5. Pride in delivering great work under tight deadlines
6. Excellent interpersonal skills
7. Varied toolkit
8. Strategic thinker, problem solver
9. Able to prioritize and organize effectively
10. Active desire to learn
YES TV Offers
- Friendly and collaborative environment
- Co-workers who are purpose and mission minded
- Competitive benefits package
How to Apply:
Applications will be received no later than February 20, 2020 and should be addressed to the attention of: David Fardell, Director, Marketing
Applications will not be considered unless they include a cover letter which includes an explanation of why you feel you would be a good fit for this role and the organization’s culture.
We thank all applicants in advance but due to the volume of applications only those selected for an interview opportunity will be contacted. Applications internally and externally will be considered.
YES TV is committed to equal opportunity employment
Job Type: Contract