The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Monday, October 21st, 2019
Company: Out There Productions Inc.
Location: Toronto, ON
Out There Productions Inc.
Part-time, Contract, Freelance
We are an award-winning television production company and online digital content creator. Every year, we make a big splash at events (Junos, CMW, CFL) and festivals (Tribeca, Cannes, TIFF).
Gain valuable real-life experience helping to manage our events at one the biggest and most prestigious festivals in the world. We are currently building our team for our big events with our presence at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
We are seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Event Planner to assist our Senior Event Coordinator to plan our Networking Suite and Hospitality Lounge during the festival. An ideal candidate has the capacity to be a leader and take the plunge into the real world.
Longer term positions are available for the right candidate to work on our other events throughout the year.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
– Working directly under Event Coordinator and Production Manager
– Help plan menu and arrange catering
– Help maintain product inventory and displays
– Help source vendors, décor, staging, set and technical requirements
– Event related administrative duties (photo copying, printing, email and phone management)
– Co-ordinate and manage hospitality volunteers, brand ambassadors, and photographers
– Manage all on-site event details (catering, entertainment, guest engagement, décor etc)
– Set up/maintain decorations and displays
– Set up product sampling and promotional items
– Maintain/clean networking lounge
– Pick up and set craft services
– Greeting guests and managing front desk
– Managing guest sign-in sheets and passes
– Assembling gift bags
– Break down displays and decorations
– Any additional hospitality related services as required by the company from time to time
– Hands-on, high-energy personality
– Naturally detail-oriented, organized, resourceful and proactive
– Great communicator and team player
– Able to handle stress in a fast-paced environment
– Can troubleshoot onsite problems in timely and calm manner
Compensation: $350 Flat fee. Full time commitment during event days (Sept 5-10). Also, will require part-time commitment to plan wrap up party after TIFF (Approx. date after Sept 15). Position will start immediately.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Freelance