Art Director / Graphic Designer – Laboratory Agency – Toronto, ON
Company: Laboratory Agency
Location: Toronto, ON
Laboratory is looking for an Art Director / Graphic Designer to join their team in Toronto. This role will report to the Creative Director and will work with a Graphic Design team. Laboratory is a boutique digital agency catered to businesses in the lifestyle, entertainment, and fashion sectors. We specialize in brand strategy, website design and development, digital campaigns, content creation and social media marketing.
At Laboratory, we invest our time in innovation and experimentation. We work with a limited number of clients to ensure a focused approach and the best results for success.
Are you someone who thinks unconventionally and has an eye for visual content? As our Art Director / Graphic Designer, you will have the opportunity to express your innovative and creative skills while developing and maintaining client branding across several industries and sectors.
- Collaborate with clients to develop an artistic approach and style; determine how best to represent a concept visually.
- Research and analyze social media platforms, understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audiences.
- Collaborate with the creative team when working from a brief, to generate ideas to present to the client.
- Conceptualize and develop:
- 1. Original, creative and engaging marketing content for websites, social media platforms, newsletters, ads and print collateral (brochures to billboards).
- 2. Branding strategies for new companies including logos, typography, colours, and applications
- 3. Layout designs (ie. lookbooks, corporate brochures)
- 4. Animations/illustrations/gifs
- Manage the creative planning for various marketing methods including e-blasts, promotions, social media, look book shoots, film production, and more
- Manage the production of multimedia features (videos and photo galleries)
- Establish and manage the overall project timeline
- Support the Creative Director in identifying and cultivating new content partnerships
- Highly creative with at least 3-5 years of experience in art direction, graphic design, motion graphics, and website design;
- Extensive expertise using Adobe Creative Suite, namely Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects and Illustrator
- Strong proficiency in a Mac environment, MS Office Suite, social media platforms
- Strong proficiency with video editing skills, and digital asset management systems
- Proficient knowledge of website UI and UX
- Proficient knowledge in website platforms: Shopify, Squarespace and WordPress
- 3D animation skills are an asset
- Photography skills are an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Analytical with good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interest in fashion, entertainment and lifestyle sectors
Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Art Direction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Required)