Animator – dibs studio – Toronto, ON
Company: dibs studio
Location: Toronto, ON
About Dibs Studio
You may not have heard of us yet but Dibs Studio is pushing back the boundaries of mobile mixed reality gaming. Prize winning in the Niantic Beyond Reality contest we are preparing to start full production of our original IP “Wild Sanctuary” and are growing our team. Located on The Esplanade next to the St. Lawrence market in the heart of Toronto, we are a short walk away from Union Street Station, King Street Metro and The Eaton Centre shopping. We work hard, have fun, innovate and now is the time to get involved in our groundbreaking franchise. So come join the team and make your mark on mobile gaming!
We are looking for a passionate and creative Animator to join our team.
Who You are
You are passionate about developing games and working with others to shape the continued growth of the company and its culture. Our team is small and you can strongly influence the team’s art and development practices. A love for animals is a definite bonus!
What we’re looking for?
- As an Animator, you will be responsible for the quality and content of the animations and the functionality of the gameplay systems. You must ensure that they are visually credible and in line with the game’s vision
- Create and document the artistic charter of the animation based on the creative direction (reference films, games by competitors, and design documents)
- Follow up on and validate the animations produced, ensuring that the artistic charter is being followed (e.g.: assess coherence, fluidity, uniformity, timing, weight perception, etc.)
- Is capable of being autonomous and reports to the Team Leads when there are unforeseen issues/cost related to animation systems
- Has a deep knowledge of the engine and animation tools/ is aware of constraints – brings new solutions to complex problems
- Actively participate in animation system design and issue resolution / Takes ownership of the systems assigned to him/her and sees them through to completion
- Work closely with programmers, Art Lead and Art Director to ensure the quality of the integration of the animations
- Play the game to detect inconsistencies and validate the regularity of character reactions (control and gameplay situations)
- Participation in the establishment of production schedule and meet deadlines
- Carry out all other related tasks
You need to have:
- Attestation of College Studies in game-oriented 3D animation technique or any other equivalent training/ work experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in video game animation, or any other relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of body mechanics and realistic animation
- Game experience is preferred
- Relevant software experience – Motionbuilder, Blender, 3DSMax or Maya
- Attention to detail; the character’s movements are key elements of the player’s experience
- Adaptability, flexibility, open mind
- Open to constructive criticism
- Good collaboration with members of the animation team and other team members on the project
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
We’re even more interested if you have the following skills:
- In-depth understanding of the mobile game production process
- Familiarity with Unity
- Experience with 3D modelling and / or VFX
- Passion for games
Please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
Apply to Animator – dibs studio – Toronto, ON