This position assists with all tasks in the DMR department: general administrative, as well as department and project-specific, to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Establish, update, and maintain department calendars, files, inventories, and records
- Prepare detailed spreadsheets for internal use
- Plan, schedule and coordinate meetings – prepare materials as needed for meetings, conferences, and other events
- Data entry and completion of shipping and tracking paperwork
- Provide phone coverage and administrative support as needed to Vice President and Director, DMR
- Assist with the management of inventory of content and drives
- Assist Manager with coordination of artist schedules
- Monitor, reconcile, and assist with fiscal administration for the unit, including but not limited to contracts, payroll, travel, and/or purchasing
- Arrange domestic and international travel, transportation, and accommodations in conjunction with Corporate travel
- Coordinate internal film screenings, liaising with other departments regarding scheduling and content, operating and troubleshooting the projectors
- Assist with general administrative duties as required
- Support Project Coordinators as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- 2+ years professional experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Excel (on a Mac platform)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment, while at the same time being a self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and thrive in an environment of shifting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to maintain and follow-up on time-sensitive tasks
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills including a professional and adept phone manner
- Creative Problem-Solver: can assimilate information from a variety of sources to reach a logical conclusion
- Adept at and enjoys working with numbers
- Flexibility to work overtime is desired
- Previous experience working in the media & entertainment industry a plus
- Familiarity with database programs like Filemaker Pro a plus
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you’ll be part of a culture built on respect – one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We’re proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.