Production Supervisor – 1st Shift – Knowles Precision Devices – Cazenovia, NY
Company: Knowles Precision Devices
Location: Cazenovia, NY
Knowles Precision Devices
At Knowles Precision Devices we make Multilayer, High Reliability, Single Layer and Precision Variable Capacitors, EMI Filters and Thin Film Devices. Our business was formed by combining Dielectric Laboratories, Novacap, Syfer and Voltronics, each well-established specialty capacitor makers with a combined history of over 175 years, into a single organization. Our expertise is the design and manufacture of components important to engineers in applications where function and reliability are key. The markets we serve include medical implantable and medical equipment, military, aerospace/avionics, EMI and connector filtering, oil exploration, instrumentation, industrial electronics, optical networks, telecom and automotive.
We aim to be a leader in every market we serve, to the benefit of our customers and our mutual long-term success. We achieve this by:
- Understanding our customers’ real needs and providing products and services to meet and exceed them
- Providing better products and services than competitors
- Investing in product development, manufacturing processes and people
- Insisting on the highest ethical standards and a business culture of trust, respect and open communication
Overview: The Production Supervisor supervises manufacturing operations and personnel to ensure that company productivity and efficiency goals are met as well as meeting customer production and quality demands. The Production Supervisor utilizes judgment and experience to plan and accomplish production goals on a timely basis while maintaining a safe working environment. The Production Supervisor also upholds and exemplifies all company policies and procedures.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the product line Value Stream Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of all employees engaged in production of goods related to the Thin Film and SLC product lines
- Coordinate smooth transition between shifts and communicate significant issues to operations management
- Plan and assign work schedules to meet production goals
- Coordinate with management and direct reports to resolve work related problems or complaints
- Interact and coordinate with other supervisors and managers regarding activities within operations and cross-functional departments
- Primary point of contact for production operators regarding quality, policies, procedures, materials and machines
- Autonomously make decisions as needed
- Motivate employees and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality or other operational efficiencies.
- Maintain operations data, such as timecards, production, and cost records and prepare reports for management
- Assign new employees to experience workers for training and manage new-hire progress, sign off on training documentation
- Manage employee performance reviews annually and execute on disciplinary actions for employees for attendance, job performance, or other behavioral issues.
- Review production drawings and create production routings, as necessary
- Operates machines, as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma plus 3-5 years minimum experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to read and analyze charts, work orders, or production schedules to determine production requirements
- Knowledge of ERP systems, such as Oracle, a plus
- Job flexibility: this position requires you to be flexible for overtime and weekend work
- Ability to remain calm in stressful or confrontational situations
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize work to meet changes in customer requirements
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Mental and visual acuity necessary to perform duties. Requires coordination of manual dexterity frequently. Requires concentration and coordination.
- Must be proficient with Sedigraph, TriStar, Density, and CSAM machines.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restriction to ITAR documentation and materials.
- Must be a US citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, sitting, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. The employee must occasionally lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Statement. Knowles Precision Devices prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- manufacturing supervisor: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time: