Web Designer – Blueprint Technologies – Bellevue, WA
Company: Blueprint Technologies
Location: Bellevue, WA
Who is Blueprint?
Blueprint is a technology company that focuses on digital transformation. We specialize in cloud and infrastructure, data platform and engineering, data science and analytics, organizational modernization and customer experience optimization. We have a nationwide presence with offices across multiple regions and we serve customers in multiple industry verticals.
We are innovators. Motivators. Thought provokers. Our collective backgrounds bring diverse perspectives that enable us to consistently think differently. We want you to bring your biggest and best ideas to help positively impact our culture, clients and the community around us. We believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as paid time off, 401k, paid volunteer hours and tuition reimbursement.
Why you want to be a part of Blueprint?
We are innovators. Motivators. Thought provokers. And coffee drinkers. Our collective backgrounds bring diverse perspectives that enable us to consistently think differently. Our people are our solutions. We want you to bring your biggest and best ideas to help positively impact our culture, clients and the community around us. We believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as paid time off, 401k, paid volunteer hours and tuition reimbursement.
Blueprint is looking for Web Designer to join us as we build cutting-edge technology solutions!
Minecraft is one of the most popular video games of all time, with more than 175 million copies sold. Minecraft inspires millions to create together and has created one of the most active and passionate player communities in the world.
The Minecraft Web Team is looking for an experienced Web Designer to take Minecraft’s unique visual style and help bring it to life on the web. We are seeking a seasoned Web Designer who is passionate about delighting users and will help lead future experiences for our Minecraft web properties. This role’s primary responsibilities will be collaborating with business leaders, partnering with other studio creative leads, and engaging with engineering teams to create interactive web designs utilizing the Minecraft’s visual style.
Our sites are viewed by millions of Minecraft fans around the globe and we hope you’re the creative problem solvers that will help delight our community of players and fans. The key to this role is the ability to inspire, collaborate, communicate and design experiences with a team passionate about bringing world class web design solutions to life. Come help us design web solutions that will become the gateway, companion and bridge for all things Minecraft.
- Work with the Art Director to create assets, receive feedback, and iterate on work
- Work closely with Program Managers, Engineering Teams, Website Editors & project stakeholders from the ideation phase, all the way to writing the code, shipping it & educating the site editors on template usage.
- Produce high fidelity mockups based on scenarios, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, flows, and other artifacts rooted in thorough research and cross-team collaboration.
- Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts.
- Help develop, manage, and refine design systems and pattern libraries.
- Ensure all designs follow accessibility and inclusivity standards defined by WCAG, ADA, and MAS.
- Continually work to hone your skills and improve your craft and share it with others.
- Playing and building in Minecraft
- At least 5-7 years of experience delivering high fidelity mockup designs for web experiences, including information architecture, interaction design, user research, and usability testing.
- Expertise creating a variety of interaction design documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, and annotated wireframes.
- Experience creating UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines across teams in a large organization.
- Extensive experience with content strategy and platform design, from large-scale marketing sites to transactional commerce sites
- Exposure to and understanding of a variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods for smaller and larger teams.
- Ability to produce clear UX documentation for marketing sites, transactional flows, and app experiences. These include sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Ability to iterate rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change to meet the needs of the project.
- Demonstrates the ability to use analytics and user testing to inform the creative process
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and Usability.
- Proficient in developing IA and user flows.
- Proficient in designing high-fidelity mocks in Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or similar tools.
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bonus: Motion design, Typography
Portfolio must include:
- Websites they designed, including calling out what they designed (i.e. components, features, pages, or flows) and what deliverables they provided (i.e. IA, interaction guides)
- Experience creating UI pattern libraries & interactive guidelines used across applications, websites, etc.
- Experience with working in web publishing or designing web experiences powered by content management systems.
- Examples of IA, interaction guides & deliverables to engineering.
- Bonus: Experience with localization, designing for accessibility