Video Production Associate – Seattle Storm – Seattle, WA
Company: Seattle Storm
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Creative Services
Hours: up to 40 hours per week
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Hourly; Seasonal
Job Term: May 1, 2020 – September 15, 2020
Pay: Seattle Minimum Wage
The Seattle Storm is currently seeking a Video Production Associate for the length of the 2020 WNBA season. In this role, you need to be able to manage multiple priorities as you will be shooting and editing video for various channels, serving as an internal videographer capturing and editing footage for all things Storm during the 2020 season – including, but not limited to, Storm home games, practices, community events, broadcast, in-game presentation, corporate partners, and more.
You must be a proactive, self-starter with an understanding of the professional sports landscape and type of content it requires. You will interface with multiple internal stakeholders and must be comfortable taking video briefs from start to finish, soliciting feedback, and managing expectations during the creative process. In addition, you will help contribute to larger video concept ideas for content across multiple channels and other duties as assigned by the Sr Manager, Creative Services.
CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT VIDEO WORK SAMPLES that clearly demonstrate their video capture and editing ability to be eligible for this role. No exceptions. Applications without links to a portfolio, reel, or individual work samples will NOT be considered.
- Attending and filming all Storm home games and some Storm-related events
- Editing highlight sizzles, corporate partner videos, hype videos, and other team-related projects as needed.
- On occasion, filming special events outside regular 9am-5pm work hours
- Ingest, log, and prep creative footage on a daily basis
- Assist in all aspects of creative video production including creative concept and development, writing, editing, lighting, shooting, and producing
- Assist with all creative videos, including but not limited to, player features, storytelling pieces, and hype videos
- Optimize content for best performance on social platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Story, IGTV & TikTok
- Manage multiple projects with constantly shifting deadlines
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred
- Demonstrated high quality work in the areas of editing, video shooting, and production
- Experience using Adobe Suite, primarily Premiere
- Graphic design and motion skills are a plus (After Effects, Photoshop)
- Comfortable and able to use various types of cameras and production equipment, including mirrorless cameras, stabilizers, and microphones
- Strong communication, organization and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Available to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to traverse office and arena frequently
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs occasionally
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.