Video Producer – Microsoft – Redmond, WA
Location: Redmond, WA
Join our team and make the world better for developers!
We are building the Developer Relations team in Microsoft engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We’re excited to support and contribute to open source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Microsoft Clouds, Azure and Microsoft 365, and enabling developers to achieve more with docs, videos, events and more!
The Channel 9 Team is looking for a video specialist to help manage our Redmond Based Production Studio. Our studio produces 20 weekly developer shows along with virtual conferences that reach a global audience. We are looking for a swiss army knife video specialist that can implement the latest tech in our facilities and level up our creative form of storytelling.
- Responsible for directing shows in studio and remote, ensure every component of production runs smoothly.
- Provide technical direction, set-up, support and guidance for studio shoots as well as remote shoots
- Setting up, configuring, and operating video switchers and additional equipment, while also directing, audio mixing and more.
- Partnering with Producers to ensure a unified and well-executed production, both prior to and during filming
- Working directly with clients to define show requirements and gather production elements
- Create, maintain and track equipment inventory list
- Work with Producers on equipment orders, facility improvements/upgrades and studio schedules
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
- Take detailed production notes for editor/post-production Producer
- An expert ability to provide clear creative direction in a timely manner, and an understanding of how to scale and prioritize time
- Knowledgeable in streaming platforms, codecs, Adobe Creative Cloud and the latest trends in AV production gear
- Help conceptualize and drive the development of innovative yet scalable projects that help drive growth and engagement
- Contribute to brainstorming at all stages of project development and capture follow up action items
- Establish creative direction, style and methodology for all creative projects
- Create training material for the production environment and cross training other staff members at various proficiency levels
- Manage, coach and develop vendors/videographers in new techniques and possibilities
- Must have strong leadership skills and a proven ability to partner and collaborate with the production team to enhance the creativity and overall production value of DevRel’s projects
- Adapt a “one team/bigger picture” mentality and partner with leadership to establish and champion clear strategic vision and purpose for the team and support integration
- Create new, engaging and innovative creative campaigns while maintaining consistency of our client’s brand identity.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.