Social Media Videographer – Rad Power Bikes – Seattle, WA
Company: Rad Power Bikes
Location: Seattle, WA
Rad Power Bikes
Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking a full-time Social Media Videographer to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced, creative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
Our Social Media Videographer will be a visual storyteller who will work closely with our content and growth marketing teams to produce, shoot, and edit social media and other compelling bite-sized videos and GIFs for distribution across marketing channels. This position reports to our Senior Manager, Content Marketing.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 4-6 years of video/media experience working in-house, or consulting, for a brand
- Fluency with professional cameras, prosumer camcorders, various HD and SD formats, pre-production/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding, photography, and motion graphics
- A comfort level with filming with a cellphone for quick raw content
- Expert in digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms
- Familiarity with audio recording techniques for studio and field
- Experience in concepting shareable short-form video (5-30 sec) campaigns and working with Social Media and Content Managers on creative direction, editorial calendar planning, and product roadmapping
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, especially under pressure
- Desire to be a part of a collaborative production team. Your sense of humor and positive energy will be welcome here!
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, hit quick-turn and long-term project deadlines; commit to make things, break things, and learn quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Enthusiastic about social media and popular culture
- Abreast of social media best practices across platforms, skilled at online research, and have an eye for forecasting visual trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of brand identity and visual standards in the digital marketing space, ability to deliver a cohesive visual aesthetic for video across social platforms
- Ability to pivot direction based on testing/data and marketing KPIs
- Experience making complicated topics come to life visually, simply, and succinctly through video, audio, and graphics
- Experience with both studio and outdoor/lifestyle cinematography
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google suite (Docs, Sheets, etc), Dropbox, Adobe Creative Suite (PS, AI, Premiere)
- Professional reel and portfolio showcasing both studio and lifestyle social video using natural and artificial light
- A valid driver’s license, passport, and a willingness to travel to Canadian and EU offices
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with ecommerce, electric bikes, or vehicles
- Track record of creating hilarious GIFs on your subreddit
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Worked with our social media manager, content and growth teams, and talent to develop social-specific video projects to drive engagement across channels
- Edited existing narrative and technical videos into cuts for various social platforms
- Produced various output formats and cuts for video publications
- Captured, imported, and organized raw media, managing & archiving project media
- Created and inserted static and motion graphics into social video projects
- Planned video shoots; scouted, selected and reserved shoot locations, developed production schedules
- Produced, captured, and edited technical, educational, narrative-based, and behind the scenes social video projects
- Worked with the Social Media Manager to ensure content style/format is tailored to a target audience
- Selected and hired additional crew and talent; directed and coached talent; made transportation arrangements for crew, talent and equipment; and ensured all location power needs are met
- Reserved and rented additional equipment that may be needed
- Managed and ensured the video library is organized
- Additional duties as assigned & required
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or [email protected]
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.