RPG Game Producer – NECA – National Entertainment Collectibles Association – Seattle, WA
Company: National Entertainment Collectibles Association
Location: Seattle, WA
National Entertainment Collectibles Association
At WizKids, we help connect people around the world through play and imagination. We work with some of the most recognizable RPG gaming brands like D&D & Pathfinder, producing products like D&D Icons of the Realms, D&D Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures, Pathfinder Deepcuts, Pathfinder Battles & more! We continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection around the table.
That is where you come in!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Game Producer to join RPG (Role Playing Games) studio. In this position, you will be responsible for creating RPG game product to support our expanding list of gaming categories – as a leader on the RPG team, you are encouraged to grow, mentor, and inspire others and are encouraged to cultivate strong positive relationships with cross functional teams within the company.
The ideal candidate is a hardworking, game knowledgeable, talented, experienced individual with a consistent track record of working with cross functional teams to global success and who is eager to join us to make that happen.
What you’ll do
- Lead RPG product miniature, terrain & accessories channels including D&D, Pathfinder, WizKids 4D, Warlock tiles & more!
- Coordinate the work of cross-functional development components which impact your features and content deliveries
- Address potential problems like resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes with other members of the Production team
- Build and maintain project backlogs, roadmaps, schedules, and documentation
- Deliberately balance the needs of the players, the RPG studio and the business using data-informed decisions
- Conduct postmortems and create recommendations based on detailed project analysis.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers across WizKids to ensure comprehensive reporting and project tracking.
What you’ll bring
The successful candidate has a strong mix of creative, leadership, technical and innovative experience within the RPG gaming space.
- 3+ years of product/project management or industry experience with at least one commercially shipped title
- Deep understanding of product development processes, project management, and agile development methodologies
- Able to lead a project from start to finish with minimal input from management
- Experienced leader, motivating individual contributors and a studio towards a shared goal, despite sometimes challenging circumstances
- Confirmed ability to be successful in technical environments
- Self-driven, high-initiative individual who leads by example and champions an ownership-mindset in the team but is willing to act when needed
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Passion for continuous improvement
Bonus hit points
- Minimum 3+ years exposure to D&D, Pathfinder or table-top wargaming as a player – you understand the nuances of the in-person game as well as the growing digital play space
- A passion for making and playing phenomenal product, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
- Skill at handling difficult communication situations with executives, partners, and the team at large
- PMP Certification
- College Degree or equivalent production experience
WizKids, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NECA, is more than your typical game and collectable manufacturer – by utilizing many of the world’s leading licenses, WizKids has produced numerous award-winning games and successful products since its founding in 2000.
Want to work for an internationally recognized tabletop gaming company? WizKids could be the place just for you. We are always looking for awesome new talent and if you’re a hard-working, problem solving team player, you’ll fit right in!
At WizKids, we all work together to get the job done. Our fast-paced environment keeps everyone in check and requires constant communication and coordination between all departments such as sales, logistics, graphic design, business development and product management. With endless opportunities, your imagination is your only limitation- and with a small company like WizKids, a great idea can be heard across the whole company.
We love fun and games but make sure we balance our business and pleasure. We pride ourselves on getting the job done while living our lives to the fullest. With flexible hours and schedules, WizKids will not let your career interfere your personal goals and responsibilities. At the end of the day your work does not go home with you.
You don’t have to be a gamer or comic book fanatic to join the WizKids Team but if you dream of working with some of the biggest gaming, film and comic book licenses out there on a global scale, apply for a position with us today!
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we believe crafting products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19