Motion Graphics Designer
The Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for designing and animating motion graphic elements for all shows, networks, digital signage, pilots, pitches, and special projects as instructed by the Creative Director/Producer or Team Lead. They work collaboratively with Producers and Video Editors to produce high-quality media content and uphold the expectation of creative excellence within the company.
- Design and animate graphics for in-store networks. Examples include: experiential GFX segments, digital signage, promos, show/segment intros, bumpers, interstitials, bugs, lower 3rds, and transitions.
- Create original designs and animations that support clients’ content strategy and complement current branding.
- Prepare client supplied assets for animation including logos, artwork, print advertising, and video assets.
- Design and animate graphics for original video productions, digital signage, commercials, online video, interactive projects, and various other short format segments.
- Work both independently and alongside producers and clients.
- Deliver quality projects within strict deadlines and budgets.
- Maintain file structures and project organization to enable each team member to move easily from one project to the next.
- Assist with special projects and internal assignments.
- Degree from an accredited art school or university.
- 2-3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE, particularly Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and common plugins as well as some editing experience with Adobe Premiere.
- Willingness to learn and explore new creative software and tools.
- Knowledge of HTML5 is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D and related modules.
- Interactive, UI Design, mobile app design/production experience and ability to draw or storyboard an advantage.
- Must have demo reel with explanation of project involvement.
- Must have excellent design, layout, typography and color theory skills.
- Familiar with a variety of resolutions, multi-panel configurations, frame rates, and aspect ratios.
- Conceptual thinker and visual problem solver.
- Able to handle clients requirements, but also are comfortable providing innovative insights when needed
- Able to communicate ideas to functional and non-functional stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, team environment.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Originality — Come up with novel or unique ideas about a given topic or situation, or develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Fluency of Ideas — Be able to generate a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- Oral Comprehension —Listen to and understand information and ideas presented verbally.
- Oral Expression — communicate information and ideas through speech.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The Octave Music Group (“Octave Group” or “the Company”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Octave Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.