Morning Editor-Anchor – Bonneville Seattle – Seattle, WA
Company: Bonneville Seattle
Location: Seattle, WA
To work as a team member in the news department in the early morning hours, the Editor – Anchor needs to show an aptitude for broadcast delivery and the production of factual, well-written, contemporary news that is informative, compelling and entertaining. Stories should be chosen and presented to attract listeners who come from a wide-range of locations and background in the Pacific Northwest. The Editor Anchor will be expected to contribute stories for the entire news department, as well as social media platforms and MyNorthwest.com. The Editor – Anchor needs to have ability to work with little supervision in a multi-deadline environment. This position includes the possibility of working during normal business hours, overnight, weekends and holidays. Flexibility in hours is desired.
- News content production (including but not limited to enterprise interviews and stories).
- Writing brief but factual and compelling newscasts and delivering them live on air.
- Overseeing the technical systems that keep Bonneville Seattle’s three radio stations on air.
- Working quickly and efficiently; must be able to respond aggressively to breaking news situations and resolve unexpected problems.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Able to write factual and compelling news copy.
- Able to create and deliver professionally broadcast newscasts both live and recorded.
- Able to seamlessly record and edit audio.
- Computer-literate with the technical ability to operate studio equipment.
- Understanding of social media platforms and ability to contribute to various platforms.
- Able to work independently (self-starter) and with a team.
- Able to take direction/feedback and incorporate into work.
- May be asked to provide writing and audio samples of past work. If selected for an interview, applicant will be given a writing and mock-broadcast audition.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Two (2) years post high school education in journalism or relevant communications program.
- Experience in the fields of news editing/producing, anchoring and reporting
- More than two years of on-air experience with a proven record of on-air success which should include:
- Samples of on-air work
- Ratings performance
- Awards or recognition
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.