Look Dev Artist – Turn 10 Studios – Microsoft – Redmond, WA
Location: Redmond, WA
Turn 10 Studios has an exciting opportunity for a Look Dev Artist to work alongside the team responsible for the top-selling and critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise. As a look dev artist, you will be working on a team to create prototypes and do research & development on industry leading visual assets, including models, textures and materials and lighting of photorealistic content.
Turn 10 Studios is located in Redmond (Washington), just outside of Seattle. The Seattle area is a major hub for the tech and gaming industries. With beautiful mountain ranges, diverse wildlife, great hiking/biking trails, and a thriving arts culture, Seattle offers a variety of options to enjoy your life outside of work.
- Deliver state of the art visual targets/prototypes for graphics R&D efforts that involve content asset creation
- Exercise new tools features throughout entire development pipeline, largely by creating production quality assets using the tools
- Evaluate new third-party software by creating example production quality assets that rely on those tools
- Create model, texture, material and lighting content that raises our bar for PBR accuracy and fidelity of assets
- Background in Computer Science, 3D Art/Graphic Design, or similar
- Portfolio with stellar examples of photorealistic art assets created in modern software packages (Max, Maya, Houdini, Substance, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of physically based materials
- Shipped AAA title in games or feature film
- Avid gamer who understands industry leading visuals and consumer expectations
- Passion for art, innovation, and technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.