Junior Web Production Specialist – All Star Directories – Seattle, WA
Company: All Star Directories
Address: Seattle, WA
All Star Directories
All Star is looking for an energetic, entry-level Jr. Web Production Specialist to join our team.
Who We Are
Since 2001, All Star Directories has been empowering people to advance their careers and improve their lives through education. As an independent marketing and technology company, we build long-term relationships with higher education institutions across the nation while providing millions of students with the resources they need to help them reach their goals.
At All Star, we pride ourselves on our authenticity, accountability, and flexibility. Our team is made up of hardworking, collaborative, and highly motivated people who strive to stay ahead of industry trends. Here, we work in an Agile environment on challenging projects both big and small, with each day offering new opportunities for growth.
All of our hard work is rewarded with competitive salaries, incredible benefits, and serious fun. After all, as an employee-owned company, we care about the people who work here just as much as the customers we serve. We also care deeply about our community, offering paid volunteer days off as well as toy, school-supplies, and clothing drives throughout the year.
About the position:
The Jr. Web Production Specialist is responsible for handling editorial and production tasks, including content uploading and formatting in WordPress. This is primarily a production job, so you will be heavily focused on page and post creation.
To succeed in this position, you must be detail-oriented and possess a working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and CSS. If you are looking for a dynamic and challenging job, where you will interact with lots of folks—including writers, editors, and the organic search, sales, and SEM teams, and where you can make a difference in content presentation and quality—this is the place for you.
- Use your knowledge of WordPress to build refreshed current content to meet new and existing SEO and editorial team needs
- Build and publish new content across core vertical sites
- Update salary data, career, and job growth statistics according to internal guidelines on content and landing pages
- Follow the Content Style Guide to the letter
- Add alt tags and upload images and videos to pages and posts
- Research plugins and contribute to new content creation challenges
- Work closely with the Sr. Web Producer, Image and Video Web Producer, editorial and design teams to achieve goals based on ROI and site needs
Essential skills and qualities:
- Good functional knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in WordPress/Gutenberg
- Proficiency with photo editing tools
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Very strong attention to detail
- Good creative eye
- Ability to QA and test your work
- Ability to work with different types of teams and team goals, as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to putting clients and customers first
From: All Star Directories
We provide a full benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Commuter benefits (ORCA card or parking stipend)*
- Generous PTO and Volunteer Time Off
- Eight paid holidays
- Full kitchen with coffee and snacks*
- An amazing office one block from Pike Place Market with views of Elliot Bay*
- Please note: Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, all of our employees are currently working remotely.