FESTIVAL PRODUCTION MANAGER – SIFF – Seattle, WA
Location: Seattle, WA
SIFF’s mission is to create experiences that bring people together to discover extraordinary films from around the world. It is through the art of cinema that we foster a community that is more informed, aware, and alive.
OVERVIEW AND IMPACT:
Reporting to the Festival Operations Manager, the Festival Production Manager is responsible for managing Festival load-in, set-up, and load out, as well as supply deliveries and pick-ups at all Festival venues, events, and offices. This position directly trains, schedules, and supervises the Production Coordinator and Production Assistants.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full-Time, March 30th – June 12th, 2020
- Festival Operations Manager
PRIMARY SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production Coordinator
- Production Assistants
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prior to Festival, build, update, and oversee Production request workflow for all staff, executing training on this process, as needed for staff.
- Create and manage load-in and load-out schedule and timeline for all SIFF venues and offices. With Cinema Operations Manager, ensure that SIFF spaces are properly loaded-out.
- Train, schedule, and manage Production Coordinator and Production Assistants.
- With the Special Events Manager, build event load-in and load-out schedule.
- Manage Production Vehicles, gas receipts, mileage, and tolls as incurred. Coordinate pick-up and drop off of vehicles.
- Work with Development, Events and Festival Operations to build step and repeat schedule.
- Work with Marketing and Communications to build poster routing plan for festival.
- Oversee equipment inventory for radios, lighting, step and repeats, materials, etc.
- Coordinate with the production of special events or presentations.
- Complete wrap report by scheduled due date. Also ensure that Production team wrap is completed, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two to three years experience in events or festival production required
- One to two years experience managing, training, and scheduling staff required.
- One to two years experience managing inventory preferred
- Technical knowledge of event lighting and sound preferred
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc) preferred
- Self-motivated, willingness to work with others and be a team player.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask and problem
- Excellent delegation skills
- Ability to work well in high stress situations
- Ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age by date of hire.
- Must have valid driver’s licence.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, with frequent walking and standing throughout daily tasks.
Submit a cover letter AND resume via the SIFF Career Center at https://www.siff.net/about-siff/work-at-siff
SIFF is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and from persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract