Cinematographer/Editor for Video Production Company (Redmond) – Mighty Media Studios – Redmond, WA
Company: Mighty Media Studios
Location: Redmond, WA
Mighty Media Studios
Cinematographer/Editor for Video Production Company (Redmond)
Are you a professional and passionate video production professional who is as good with a camera in your hand as you are with an edit workstation at your fingertips? If so, then read on.
We are looking for a Cinematographer/Editor with an established track record of creating first-class creative content to join our team. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled visual storyteller who enjoys using new and exciting techniques to tell a variety of stories. You are experienced with camera operation, understand lighting design and are familiar with basic audio recording techniques. You should also have strong editing and post-production experience from both a technical and creative storytelling standpoint. You are highly collaborative, efficient, and capable of managing multiple projects at once.
You are also comfortable being responsible for the production pipeline with minimal on-set supervision.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Supporting video production team on a variety of projects, including interviews, customer stories, digital marketing materials, support videos, live broadcasts and more
- Assisting with all aspects of video shoots from scheduling, budgets, equipment needs, storyboarding and shot lists
- Management and execution of equipment setup on-set
- Manage small production crews on set, such as grip, audio engineer, hair and makeup and production assistants to ensure an efficient, professional production.
- Collaborating with team on the vision and direction of a given project through to final deliverables
- Collaborating on video editing, marketing and other team functions as necessary
- 4+ years working in video, film, TV or multimedia production
- 2+ years working specifically as a video shooter and editor for TV/Web. REEL REQUIRED
- Professional experience with DSLR, ENG and cinema cameras (RED, Canon, Sony, DJI)
- Experience with professional lighting and audio recording equipment
- Professional experience with Adobe CC, including Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Ability and initiative to innovate – must be able to constantly think of new creative ways to tell a story through the lens and in an edit
- A strong sense of current video production and editing trends including, but not limited to, web, social media, television, etc.
- General familiarity with standard broadcasting and live streaming practices
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, editorial flow, and understanding of the different phases of video production.
- Must be comfortable taking direction, working in a shared workspace and keeping a positive, friendly, and team-first attitude
- Willingness to work different schedules including occasional weekends as needed on productions
- Occasional travel required. Must be able to travel internationally.
- Strong references
- Knowledge or interest in the video game industry is a plus
- MUST provide reel and/or links to work that showcase specific camera work and editing examples
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical / Vision / Dental plan
- 401(k) savings opportunity
- Discretionary time off
- Paid holidays
- Friendly and fun office environment
International and out of area candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants MUST submit a cover letter outlining qualifications and job experience as well as a resume in order to be considered for this position.
We will be in touch with all qualified applicants. Employer will perform a background check.
*If you require reasonable accommodation in interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please note in your application.
Job Type: Full-time