Broadcast Support Technician – RUN Studios – Redmond, WA
Company: RUN Studios
Location: Redmond, WA
RUN Studios is looking for outstanding talent in the field of broadcast services to support our client, a leader in the streaming industry. Ideal candidates will have reasonable technical understanding of live streaming, video specs and what’s needed to support live events. We will provide training for necessary proprietary software / tools, but an understanding of the basics/industry will be key.
The Broadcast Support Technician is responsible for supporting the booking, scheduling, and facilitating transmission, streaming, tape op and in-room tech support for live events. Role also assists in supporting remote broadcast needs at Tier 1 corporate events. Additional responsibilities include configuring, testing and running of broadcast equipment.
- Scheduling and facilitating setup and running live events with captioning, transmission, tape op and streaming
- Execution of setting up equipment onsite
- Configuring broadcast equipment for use, testing and keeping gear up to date
- Up to date knowledge and support of the Webcasting, Transmission and SkyCap business lines
Content Delivery Network Configuration and Delivery Management
- Transmission Design, Diagramming and Management (Visio)
- Independent execution of transmit, and receive
- Resource and Communication Management for live events and on-demand workflows.
- Developing and Deploying Web technologies, services and solutions (HTML5, MMP/Azure, Flash, DRM, etc.).
- Management of testing and lab work related to new technologies, services and solutions.
- Broadcast Fiber Transmit and Receive
- Transmission Coordination and Booking
- Satellite Transmission and downlink
- Live Webcast Encoding (WMS, Smooth Streaming, HLS, Flash, etc.)
- On-Demand Media Content Publishing
- Signal QC, Testing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Reading Scopes, Troubleshooting and Correcting Signals
- DDR Playback Software and VTR Operation (Record, Playback)
- Using, configuring Web Delivery Technologies (HTML5, MMP/Azure, Flash, DRM, etc.)
- Format Conversion (frame rates, aspect, resolutions, etc.)
- Encoder / Decoder maintenance
- Internal and External Webcasting Preparation & Execution
- Broadcast Playout System Management (Miranda ITX)
- 3-5 years of technical experience in the production industry
- Experience with all relevant encoding codecs including VC1, h.264, mpegX, jpeg2000, etc
- Experience in HTML5 video, the Microsoft Media Platform, Silverlight video player technologies and frameworks and Flash video player technologies. Strong command of compatibility and use-case scenarios of each
- Experience with Azure Media Services
- Experience with captioning formats for live broadcast, web delivery, on-demand, and in-room displays
- Understanding of digital media artifacts and their likely causes / solutions
- Proficient with all industry relevant digital streaming file formats (wrappers) including Smooth, HLS, Flash, DASH, mp4,
- Proficient in digital media fundamentals (frame rates, bandwidth, progressive vs. interlaced, aspect ratios, frame size, resolution, sample rates, waveform and vector analysis, time code, etc.)
- Basic editing knowledge (trimming, fades, audio syncing)
- Strong command of how Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) work and behave (edge caching, token authentication, origin services, etc.)
- Familiar with video transmission technologies and equipment including fiber encoders / decoders, Satellite dishes and receivers, RTMP, transport streams
- Adept with broadcast transmission environments, equipment and infrastructure. Able to quickly isolate issues in a video path to correct problems quickly
- Ability to acquire and transmit video/audio and data using Satellite and Fiber technology and equipment
- Familiarity with live and on-demand hosting environments (Content Delivery Networks, IIS Media Services).
- Experience working with data networks
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.