Board Operator (on call) – Bonneville Seattle – Seattle, WA
Company: Bonneville Seattle
Address: Seattle, WA
To be an effective team member and make a full contribution to the success of the station by providing necessary clerical and operations assistance to assure smooth airing of station’s live, pre-recorded and/or automated programming including assuring reliable, timely, error-free delivery of terrestrial radio and digital media programming, adhering to commercial logs including sales, programming and marketing/promotion spots, contributing digital content for Bonneville Seattle Media Group, which may include repurposing audio programs, posting to blogs, and utilizing other content platforms and screening incoming phone calls in a professional manner.
- High school education or equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must reside close enough to reach the stations in under two hours when need to be able to cover on call shifts that become available.
- Proven ability for accuracy and follow-through and ability to multi-task effectively
- Candidates must be reliable, dependable and able to work overnights, weekend hours and flexible hours and able to provide coverage for last minute scheduling needs.
- Ability to understand and execute format philosophy and work with a team of other professionals in creating a distinctive sound
- Ability to accept direction and be flexible with changes
- Have good attention to detail and work well with on-air deadlines
- Develop and maintain effective communication with all co-workers and others during the performance of assigned duties. Ability to clearly and accurately communicate, receive and interpret instructions
- Willing to accept responsibility and work under moderate supervision while resolving varied problems, which require general knowledge of company’s policies and procedures.
- Able to work under pressure and effectively handle the stresses of the responsibilities of the position and assure on-air hosts receive material for broadcast on time as the services performed affect company image, clients and the listening audience. Errors may incur financial or time loss
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Prefer experience in operation of broadcast equipment -able to properly operate studio equipment and possess basic production skills.
- One (1) years commercial broadcast experience or equivalent
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, San Francisco, Sacramento and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!